Anyone Know this Dealer for Ammo Pouches?

This is the first I've heard of them. Most of their internal links don't lead to anything. Hmmm. Maybe they're just getting started. All in all, they seem fairly pricey to me.

Internic whois lists the domain as belonging to a Bill Connelly in Edmonton Alberta Canada. He's listed as 501st on the 501st site if that helps any.

Thanks Tom, giving me the name and that the owner being in the 501st puts me a little more at ease. I'll keep everyone on the boards informed as to how the transaction goes.

TD252 - "Mange tak" - I appreciate the link.

Ha hahah you welcome trooper.

Funny that you can write in danish.

Selv mange tak min ven, skulle det være en anden gang.

De bedste hilsner.

Rolf

UPDATE - I just got an email from Bill at Sandtroopers.org and he let me know he was out of town and just got back. He's dying the pouches and they should ship on Tuesday. So it looks like everything is fine in regards to Sandtroopers.org.

Thanks Everyone,

Matt

I got a set of pouches from Bill through Ebay...

Yes they'll come dyed - but not sealed. To stop the dye running you'll need to get some leather sealer.

I used a local brand called waproo - I'm sure there are others.

It brushes on milky white dries clear in about 3 hrs at room temp depending on the # of coats - 2 is usually ok.

Result is a little glossy, but easily weathered.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought some stuff off this guy, and he's fairly reliable:

iewItem">http://cgi.ebay.ca/WWII-German-Black-Le ... dZViewItem

Looks like it might be old or not looked after, a couple links re-direct to a hosting company. Using a .org site as a store-front seems kind of tacky.

with cybersquatters sitting on the few .com names not already taken, many webmasters turn to .net and .org suffixes as alternatives. Remember, many non-commercial websites use .com when they should rightfully use something else, and vice versa.