Will this armour pass the test ???????

Hi there.

I have a set of trooper armour. I’ve had it for a while. It was a TK. I deicided to make it a TD. It comes as shown in the pics. Ab plate has been modified.( Still need to paint the buttons.) I have the Sniper Knee plate ( not attached yet ) and ANH TK hand plates. Would this suit get 501st approval as a TD once finished? I’m going to sell it and I don’t want someone to get the disappointed.

Thanx , Niko.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good to me, is that one of the Altmann suits?

Good eye my friend.

Yes it is an Altmann. It’s a great suit. But it’s too tall for me. I would have to trim the s*#t out of it to make me look good. It’s made of 3mm H.I.P.S.!!!! You could battle an Rancor in this thing. I want to sell it and buy either an TE2, AP or TM. Purely because I’m a short ****.

I’ve posted on the 501st Legion site with out to much feedback. If I get the thumbs up that it would be accepted – then I sell it. If it’s a thumbs down – then I finish it and use it for display only. ( It's on a Mannequin in the pic's.)

Cheers , Niko.

I sent the pics to my Garrison's GML, I figured it has come up before on the 501st GML forum so she probably knows the answer.

Thanx mate.

You didn't tell her it was an Altmann did you? I hope not. I want this armour judged on what it looks like and not the maker. There is a definite ‘bad taste’ that the 501st have for Steve’s work.

Cheers , Niko.