Achieving and keeping Swat status

Jack-Leeds

Hi,

I have a question which hopefully someone may be able to answer. If, like me, you find this subject to be a bit strange then maybe this could be discussed at a higher level to consider the position of SWAT.

Firstly, if I was to buy a completed set of armour from someone on here who has passed SWAT then I have to resubmit to achieve SWAT status. I completely agree with this as requirements change plus for the individual, it will give a true sense of achievement.

However, if I was already SWAT and sold my armour, is it correct that I will always keep the SWAT 'badge'. This, in my opinion, is wrong. If for example, I built a new set of armour, had it cleared by 501st yet it was nowhere near SWAT due to inaccurate parts or weathering etc, how could I be allowed to be considered SWAT still?

When a costume is retired by one owner, surely the SWAT badge associated with that armour and owner should disappear pending new submissions.

I appreciate any other thoughts, comments, opinions etc on this.

Cheers guys and girls

Hi Jack,

good points. ATM it is as you say "once deployed/SWAT always SWAT". We don't have a policy of retiring members should it become known that they have sold their costume or built a new one.

I think I can imagine where you're coming from but there has been only one case so far that I'm aware of and that has a few other issues connected with it.

Also if you start there you might also want to think about a recertification of older SWAT/PO members as the standards have risen continously. So there are quite a bit of issues related to this.

Cheers