ATA armor help

IronTusk

Hey! Finally got my armor in after a gruelling 7+ month wait and even though I read through build threads countless times in the last few months, for some reason the second I opened that big beautiful brown box (well maybe the box itself isn't beautiful, but what's inside sure is!) all of that knowledge disappeared lol.

The first of what I'm sure will be many hurdles is the biceps. One, as many of you know, is much smaller than the other. I'm no bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination, but to get this thing on my arm will require cover strips roughly twice the recommended size. I've seen on other threads that, while ideal, the recommended/screen accurate size is not always feasible for people who aren't stick figures. The issue is the other bicep looks like it will fit no problem with the 5/8" cover strip. Do I have one set of strips big and the other small or do I put the same size on both biceps? I could then on the fitting bicep put a smaller strip on the back, so they at least look even from the front. But the problem with that is Idk how much meat will be left on the fitting bicep for the back cover strip.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Well I got it figured out. I was just being a moron and was putting the bicep armor on the wrong arm. The smaller bicep is the left arm, and I'm right handed, so my left bicep is a bit smaller than my right. I did have to slightly increase the size of the strip, but nothing as dramatic as what I thought was necessary at first.

Ahh the fresh smell of new armor. Well worth the wait. E6000, scissors, and sandpaper will be your best friends now. Congrats Troy !!!! Set up an account with flicker or photobucket and post pics of your progress. If ya got any questions, ask away as there are many here that will help you along the way to complete your trooper. :yes: See you in the cantina soon brotha.... :woot:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as to exactly what you mean by "genuine," I can't say. Any armorer you see being talked about here or see people with building in build threads will be good. They are all varying in price and wait time. I got ATA which is pretty much the cheapest set you can get but its a 7 month wait. I think there's a "where to get stuff" thread on here somewhere. I know for sure there is on FISD. If you aren't on that forum, you should be. There are a lot more build threads that are very detailed.