paint latex handguards

tk5144

Weather them with sponge and acrylics. Most choose one single color and apply a heavy coat and then you can start diminishing it with a regular dishwasher sponge the green 3M one.

You can also do this with 2-3 different tones of acrylics. The good thing is that by adding a little but little water to the sponge and then pattering down with it starts giving a wasted weathering color palette.

One last advice focus like in real life where dust might gather like in between the seams.

Hope this helps bro ;)

This is, that paint wont fix into latex easily. It will probably start to peel off and crack as soon as it dryes.

What I did, following Karins suggestions, was mixing regular white glue with acrylic paint and a bit of water. I think the mix was not done exactly as it should be cause the paint cracked anyway after just 2 troops. But I didnt mind since that was the way many handplates looked on screen.

But if you want a more permanent finish, maybe try and contact Karin or TM and ask for their advice on this.

Or, does anybody has a better technique?

Here you can see my handplate after just a two day troop. The piant has not peeled off more, but I have not used them much more anyway.

Posted Image

Saludos