Help me choose the right armor

XoreX

Hi all,

I read through the officer training, and got alot of info on the different types of armor.

Now my question is really simple. I am 5 ft. 5in. and was wondering which one would be the right fit for me.

I was looking and ANH derived should be good.

So I know I`ll have alot of trimming to do and all, but which one is best for smeller dudes (so less trimming and keep the proportions ok)

Any-hoo, please let me know that would be very helpful

thanks

JS

Hahaha! Funny.

There's another,very similar thread, that this sort of thing is being discussed on at the moment. Ok so it's more about SWAT armour, but its still the same sort of basic rules ;)

hey j.s.

well,for smeller armour i would say plenty of deodorant !lol :woot:

but for smaller armour i would advise either RSprops,troopermaster or authentic props.

i am 5' 8" and have a set of RS that i havent had to trim down at all!

hope that helps! :thumbsup:

HAAA! Nice :D

hey j.s.

well,for smeller armour i would say plenty of deodorant !lol :woot:

:blush: Well I walked into this one :lol:

Well first things first: I added a new signature (hope this explains the "typo")

now for more serious things, I was looking at the AP, ATA and t/mc. Among those, if we look at quality, price and turn around time and of course for SMALLER trooper, which one should I choose?

Thanks

JS

PS: I hope I started this thread in the right place. If not, please feel free to move at the right place.

As of my last emails;

ATA is seven months from receiving order(no deposit required)

AP is 8-12 weeks from deposit

RT-Mod will very but they seem to have a higher turn around(waiting on email)

That is all that I know for now.

Hey JS, no worries about spelling. No one is ferpect. LOL!

Welcome to the MEPD! Hope you have started finding a nice place to hang out and learn and share all about Sandtroopers.

Actually, RT-Mod is intended for larger troopers. So, seeing what you are looking for, I would suggest AP. Shorter wait and shape and quality is very good. ATA (ABS armor) is also a great option for what you are looking and more affordable, but yes, it can take a few months for it to be ready. So based on MIke's post, I guess you can have a good idea of what to expect in delivery time.

Have never wore an AP armor, but I guess it is mostly the same sizes as most TE derived armor. So, yeah, it is standard going into smallish, and can be trimmed to fit you no prob. There are a few threads heer or over the FISD (cant remember) about making armor fit better for shorter troops.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

My bad on the "larger" RT-mod, I'm only 5'7" myself but have a 50" chest. So fit is kinda an issue for me. Chest plate would look like a babies bib on me so I need to piece together from different kits.

No worries bro.

But yes, larger chests will fit better in RT-mod or AM armor for sure!

:)

Saludos.

My 1st armor was an AP, it was a nice armor but had some small flaws..like it´s soooooo small :P

But seriously, AP has mirrored the legs. Don't know which one anymore or if he has fixed it by now..

Good luck on choosing the right armor bro'!

TM over pretty much any other kit. With it, you have the most accurate armor no doubt.

If you want accuracy over anything else including lineage go TM.

Even if not as affordable as other kits its quality and accuracy is worth every single cent IMHO.

Saludos.