Help required identifying a couple of costumes......

VinceVader

Hello fellow Troopers,

I'm currently putting together an RS Propmaster TK costume and a Troopermaster TD costume to replace my very old TK & TD costumes, I was wondering with the wealth of knowledge that we currently have here on the MEPD you might be able to help identify my old costumes.

I think these date way back to around 1994/95 or maybe even a bit earlier, the armour is fibreglass and extremely well done, maybe an FX recast? These were never made for Trooping, just static display only. The TD pack I got out of a catalogue from an American company, you have to remember this was way before we had things like the Internet to search for such things and there was nothing like the knowledge we have about these costumes now.

The helmets I have no idea where I got them from, they aren't too bad compared to some horrors I've seen and are made from vacform plastic, the bubble lenses I think I added at a later date, I reckon these costumes are a good 18 years old or more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you can help?

Vince.

My, my...how far we've all come no? haha

The helmet is a bit difficult to lock down , that much is certain but the armor appears to be a Galaxy Trading/ FX kit or a recast of the kit itself at first glance. Great pics nonetheless ! Those hand plates are epic! lol

Thanks for sharing!

That helmet isn't armor FX... May be Movie FX. the armour appears to be armor FX though - i say this as not only because of the details but also because it doesnt look like it was "butt joined".

I got my first trooping armour (FX) in 2000 from 'costume junkie' and joined the UKG in 2001. That helmet seems a bit more accurate than the FX. The hand guards are a little odd. Were they plastic?

Any pics of the back pack? I recall some others making the back packs back then, people such as 'Galaxy trading' and 'riches Armor'.

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your input guys, Galaxy Trading rings a bell, I should still have their catalogue somewhere. I'll dig the back pack out and take some photos of it.

I seem to remember that they wouldn't ship the pack to us here in the UK so we had to ask some American friends of my Father if they would accept the delivery and post it on to us. My Father arranged all this as a birthday surprise, I was blown away when I opened the box and saw the pack inside - Happy days.

All very dated now but back then it was extremely rare to have a complete costume when the only other helmets available were made by Don Post!

Vince.