Quick question on helmet as I research

Tk-7186

Hello. I am currently waiting delivering of an AM kit to build a Sandtrooper. It will take me a few months to build. In the meantime I wanted to keep my eyes out for a helmet. I currently have an RT helmet on my ROTJ TK and love the room it has with my big cranium. I was searching around to see if there was a size guide on helmets, but I was unable to locate anything. If I am keeping my eye out for a used helmet, beside RT, are there other helmet brands that are close to or equal to the inside size that I should keep an eye out for? I have not searched on this next question yet since I am still poking around the site researching how to build a Sandtrooper, but is a Sandtrooper helmet just ANH helmet made dirty? I just started reading something on 6 or 8 teeth cut out that I found in some searches and made me wonder if that was a Sandtrooper thing or both a ANH TK and Sandtrooper item. I am sure I will have other questions as I dig deeper into my build and research

Appreciate the help.

-Gerrit

TK-7186

Hey Gerrit!

Welcome to the MEPD!...

The TD helmets are just regular ANH stunt helmets with different detailes painted. Meaning no black stripes on vents mainly. About the teeth, it should be 4 cut out on each side as most stunt buckets, but in some cases as the "looks sir droids" bucket, it might have 3 on one side and 4 on the other. But then, that is just for SWAT. For basic police officer clearence you would need 4 on each side.

About the sizes, I wouldnt know for sure. I think ATA and AP as slightly smaller, but not sure. Could it be that RS or TM are a bit more roomier?

Anyway, I do know that in most cases (except RT MOD and FX) the size and inside room comes from how it is put together more than from the molds themselves... But, maybe someone else will have more accurate info on that.

Anyway, glad to see you turning dirty! There are never enough TDs around...

Saludos.

Juan

ok...i think i got this one....fx..BIG am a smaller FX face plate is not right. RT mod big but not to big,, ATA a little smaller mtk same size as the gino and ata...my likes RT Mod for size and i can fit fans and a mik in it with no problems.... i have most of these lids now if you want pic size for ref.

top as you look at them////AM,RT Mod,mi kids mold,my big mold, bottom//FX Gino, RS Props and last ATA....my MTK was just about the same size but the trooper took that one...sorry about the gino i used that one for scaling my kids molds...look closely at the cheeks you can see the sharpness of it....i love that little thing...if you want close ups let me know