Havoc's work in progress.

Havoc6538

Mate, how did you get over the length of the legs? Ive seen you and you are massive.

TM is now doing longer legs for the taller trooper, as well as the standard size.

There's a comparison pic of the shin armour on the first page of this thread.

That said, a lot of what I have done disappears in photos (I understand they had the same problem when shooting the film and kept adding to the dirt), so I may add to it later.

I know this problem too, the lighter parts just disappear. But I think sometimes is less more and its better then a overweathered trooper.

Greetings Alex

Took some pics this evening of the whole ensemble, minus backpack and with temporary handplates while I wait for my proper ones.

Posted Image

Again, the flash seems to have washed out most of the weathering.

Posted Image

Can't believe I got photobombed by a 5 year-old! Cheeky little monkey.

Posted Image

I tried to arrest her or it, but she disarmed me

Posted Image

Feedback welcomed - remember I'll be going for SWAT. The belt is intentionally low to match the suit of armour I'm copying, as seen here (trooper in background):

Posted Image

Woohoo! Seed trays and radio faceplate arrived today, festively packaged (thanks Rick! Merry Christmas to you too!), as did my rubber gloves and handplates.

I wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow...

Also, as I said in my previous post, if anyone has any feedback on my armour so far, please let me know, as I want to get this right before I submit for SWAT.

Very impressive work on your rig so far, Brother! I especially like the shaping details on the front tops of your thigh armor pieces. :thumbsup:

I'm glad that you're thinking SWAT right now (who isn't? lol) But, just be sure to meet the requirements for standard officer deployment first as per the CRL and you'll be aces.

All I can say before they shut my comlink off is that what you're expecting to see in the SWAT approval stage later might be a little different from what we've seen here recently. :yes:

So, my advice is to focus on your MEPD Officer status first , then go from there.

But, from what we're all witnessing so far, you are well on your way, my friend.

Keep up the great work and see you in the precinct soon! :td::salute:

Totally understand, Scribbler.

I'll be submitting for MEPD officer status first and foremost, but I'd like to limit the amount of stuff I'll need to rework in order to get SWAT status, so I'd like to get it as close as I can first time around. If things change and I need to alter anything, well that's okay. I was XO of JRS for a couple of years and we overhauled the CRL, so I totally understand that things need to be updated from time to time.

So I've been getting on with the backpack. Here's what I've got so far, not assembled, just piled in place, lol.

I've made up the radio box and will be making the pleather surround. I've got he mushroom caps for the bottles, but they're too big so I've got some better ones coming at the weekend, and I'm also not happy with the "exhaust" (?) and will rework this to get it more accurate.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Almost there...I have a couple of bits on the pack to finish, mainly the bee sting and the exhaust and I'll be pretty much there. My radio has the vinyl surround and jack input/outputs. Trying to find something to use for the aerial at the moment. Will post details when I have more time.

I'll add a bit of dirt to the rest of it before clearance, as the armour looks too clean in my pics. My chosen sandy is one of the cleaner ones on screen, but I can definitely add a bit more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...