Tube stripes, a quick question...

Whitejob77

Hey all, my sandy is ready for weathering, so close to being done. But as I'm sitting here looking at crl, I'm seeing the tube stripes appear much lighter in the pics than what I have painted on my bucket. I bought the humbrol kit for trooperbay, the lighter of the two blues is the French Blue, #14. Is that acceptable for all levels MEPD acceptance or am I gonna need to repaint? I c Mike also sells a Tester's Gloss Blue #1110, which looks like it matches the pics in the crl more accurately.

Appreciate any/all responses and info.

Thanks guys. I used the #15 for my ab buttons on my TK, the #14 is lighter than that, yet still darker than the light blue in the pics. But if the #14 is acceptable for Officer status, at the very least, then it works for me. I just wanted to get a heads up before I weather, otherwise repainting will take a bit longer than if i did it now...

Thanks guys!

Well honesty, the pics of the original sandy helmet that was pulled from the dumpster, looks like it has #14 like paint for tube stripes. But the CRL and those absolutely awesome templates Pandatrooper posted, both display images of sandies with a brighter blue for tube stripes. I think both look fine, but I'm trying to actually build this suit to get Police Officer status. Gotta please those that must be pleased to do so, ya know :P

I noticed quite a few older posts, under various threads that refer to the humbrol #14 as acceptable tube stripe color, but they were all from 2011 or earlier. I've been referencing the CRL for about a year now, this sandy project hit the back burner a couple times due to rl, and I think the description for the tube stripes changed at some point. Panda's templates have been around for a good minute too. When I couldn't find a clear answer, I posted the question.

I guess I could ask my garrison leaders I c if they've had any issues with people getting accepted or denied due to tube stripe colors, lol. Those guys and gals are pretty busy tho. I'll start weathering the rest of the suit and keep asking around :)

well thats me wrong again!lol

No sweat, we are here on the forum to study right :geek:

I have study the sandtrooper´s for 12 years now, and not done yet at all :popcorn:

Thanks Rolf! I saw that example chart on another thread, but again, seeing the lighter blue in the mix had me concerned my French Blue might not b the acceptable of the bunch ;) I'll leave my bucket alone and cross my fingers they haven't changed requirements ;)

Thanks everyone who posted! I really appreciate the help and the conversations these boards provide. Take care and hope to c as many of ya as I can at Celebration this year!!!

Hey Joel,

Most pictures on the CRL aswell as the picture on the templates by Pandatrooper are of my armor.

On that versión, I was using Mike's Dave M decals, so the blue is actually supposed to match the ones on original armor.

Anyway, dont pay attention that much to the tone of color, since those pictures are more reference for configuration than for color. They also underwent several passes through photoshop, and were shot with a regular (not pro) camera at my apartment with regular lights. So... Many factors might change the shade of blue.

Follow Troopermaster's advice here, you wont find that much people with a wider broader knowledge of ANH armor in the world, if anyone.

Also, Rolf's chart is awesome, and should make a great reference for blue colors.

Saludos.