Newbie- Armour Help

mclaryst

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie up in Canada looking to get into the 501st. I want to put together a Captain Sandtrooper outfit but have absolutely no idea where to start.

Is this the type of thing where I have to sculpt everything out of a material like fibreglass or something or are there places where I can buy pre-made pieces (like the helmet, chest piece, etc) and fix it to my size?

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

No sculpting required. Stay away from fiberglass too. We're all ABS, HIPS, or PVC plastic spacemen :D. Only a handful of people in the legion sculpt the actual molds.. the rest of us buy kits from them. :duim:
Start your research here.. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Thanks man. I've checked that out and being in Canada it seems the two guys to go to are RT-Mod and Authenticprops. Do you have any experience with either? From what I gather is Authenticprops makes ANH stunt suits only so I'd have to do some modifying to make it accurate to the sandtrooper suit. ( from my look over his work it looks like buttons on the abdomen armour are completely different).

AP is great armor, from what I hear. I have ATA armor. AP is suitable for people with a smaller build, while RT-Mod is better for taller/larger troopers. The only difference in parts between a TK and a TD is the different shaped knee plate and different ab buttons. Also, with a sandtrooper, you're not going to need the drop-boxes, shoulder bridges, or thermal detonator parts that come with a TK kit. When ordering your kit, just specify you want a TD. :thumbsup::td:

Welcome to the passion of the Dirty Bunch Will! Jason has pointed out in the right way.

Some words of advice:

1. The flowing link will get you started on the dirty path:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7240

2. Read, documentate yourself on what type of Sandie would like to become, that would determine what type of backpack and blaster you should bare.

3. Make a buildup plan and along the way a budget.

4. Last but not least post your progress in pics around here. Ask as many questions as they come in mind so we can aid you along your way and hopefully in a near future the cold weather of Canada will bare a Hot TD