My new Electro-Binoculars

Arriving in the post Mon a.m. was my latest aquisition for my Sandy (thanx to garth 501TAG)

The old Sub Assault game,,,soon to be transported, thanx to the resin add ons included in the sale and my own brand of weathering,,, to the world of Star Wars

Posted Image

Once the lil bits are glued on (god I love my hot glue gun) and a few light coats of white are applied, we have this...

Posted Image

All pretty and clean,,,,stayed that way for about 4 mins....before the Dulux 'Tusken...oops, Tuscan Sunset" is liberally applied to all of it

mind you if I had a tin, id cut the middle man and just dip it in...

Posted Image

I apply weathering to every part the dirt and grime would build up, including places that i may only see...

Posted Image

Once dry,,,out comes the trusty 3M ScotchBrite kitchen sponge/scourer, using the green soft scourer part with the occasional spit here n there (for the hard to move spots of paint) I start the process of rubbing most of it off, but leaving enuff of it where grime/dirt would build up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once most of its off, then look at where the most wear n tear would happen thru constant handling, and a bit of bumping this and knocking that.

So using the same process as before, the scourer bit,,,i rub thru the white to expose the blue/grey underneath and give it the look of wear thru its original manufacturers paintjob.

Posted Image

Completed....1 pair of filthy (just the way i likes it) Sandtroopers Electro-binocs

Posted Image

(scissors..ciggies and coffee...optional extras)

Very nice. This method is also used by Hollywood....... Just noticed a pair of re-worked Sub Assault Binocs in the movie "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zisou" during the scene when Jeff Goldblum's crew spots Bill murray's ship after the pirate attack. not able to get a screen cap, though.

• 3 months later...

in the special edition a TD is seen looking thru them, but most troopers attach a thin leather strap and wear em around the neck

as seen below on my slightly vertically challenged friend in my sig

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...