Special Edition TD CRL discussion topic

dutchy

Troops,

As you all know we are also the home for the SE TD but the CRL has never been created. At this moment we are working on getting that done and we do need alll the feedback, tips, trics we can use to make this CRL complete once and for all.

What we are lacking the most at the moment is someone who actually already has build one. We need good reference pictures for the CRL.

Anyway, @LoveMonkey has already done some hard work and he has created a provisional CRL.

He'll chime in here as well but in the meantime please do participate so we can get this CRL live.

Thanks in advance troops and I'm looking forward to a great discussion here!

:salute:

sandtrooper_hd_001.png

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of my current progress. Please note I have not permanently attached any of these pieces yet. The goal for my level one pack is to make most of the parts from pieces that are readily available to people. Some parts have to be 3D printed like the details on the boxes. I am getting ready to print the top box where you see that two by itself will go in. I will post 3D rendering of that box shortly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

I should have a pack done soon and have our Garrison Commander who is a TD that said he would pose for pictures, if no one has built the pack.

Great!!!! :peace:

He has a completed rotj armor then, weathered and all?

Crud. I did not realize it was Return of the Jedi armor. At this point probably best if we find someone who has the armor and weather is it and I can send them the pack to pose for pictures with. Thoughts on that? I could ask Deatrin if he has that former or know someone who does. I do not mind shipping the pack somewhere to be worn.

• Upvote 1

Here is a thought.  With the Magmatrooper CRL on FISD (new CRL almost complete), I think they are going to allow ANH and/or ESB armor for the first level of approval.  For Level 2 and 3 they are requiring ROTJ.  You could make that an option for this CRL.  You would probably get more people approved, since ANH armor is so popular.

If MEP allowed that, then I could easily pose for a picture for this.

thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I have asked around and talk to some people on FISD. There are very few people who have the ROTJ armor. I will probably get some in the future so I can be in level 3 magma Trooper, but that's not going to be anytime soon. I am going to post in the 501st legion area to see if there's anyone in the United States who has the armor weathered that I could send it back to four pictures. I am definitely recommending that the level one be allowed to use the other two styles of armor based on the limited availability of the ROTJ armor.

First off, I am super excited to see this topic finally take place.  I've already done a preliminary CRL, so if anyone wants to take a look and give me feedback, I'd love to hear it.  You can access it via this link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8lcQRTywc9Y1JMYklOcGx5ZUE.

Please don't hesitate to chime in.  This is the first CRL I've helped write and I'm open to all feedback.

9 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

Here is a thought.  With the Magmatrooper CRL on FISD (new CRL almost complete), I think they are going to allow ANH and/or ESB armor for the first level of approval.  For Level 2 and 3 they are requiring ROTJ.  You could make that an option for this CRL.  You would probably get more people approved, since ANH armor is so popular.

If MEP allowed that, then I could easily pose for a picture for this.

thoughts?

I think this could be a really good idea.  As of this post, I checked the membershipdb on the Legion forums and there are only 54 ROTJ TKs approved Legion wide.  @dutchy, what do you think of this idea?  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

First off, I am super excited to see this topic finally take place.  I've already done a preliminary CRL, so if anyone wants to take a look and give me feedback, I'd love to hear it.  You can access it via this link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8lcQRTywc9Y1JMYklOcGx5ZUE.

Please don't hesitate to chime in.  This is the first CRL I've helped write and I'm open to all feedback.

I think this could be a really good idea.  As of this post, I checked the membershipdb on the Legion forums and there are only 54 ROTJ TKs approved Legion wide.  @dutchy, what do you think of this idea?  

Now this is excatly why I started this topic!

Allowing ANH for #1/ basic approval could be the golden ticket. I don't have any problems with changing that and making the ROTJ spec a #2 requirement.

7 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

Good start.  In regards to the pauldron, do you think we should just stick to a black pauldron?  All the reference photos I see show just a black pauldron.

I have given this some thought as well and discussed this in the Command staff section. The black pauldron is mandatory but when people want to wear a different colour during events it's all up to them. For all levels black is the only option.

No problem. Is what I love to do. Luckily since I am a centurion level heavy weapons Trooper I can easily convert my armor for the crl pictures with the pack. Plus I already have a Black Cauldron. The pack is very close to being done. Here is a picture of the last piece that had to be design and 3D printed.

Sure, I could send you a link. Plus if you want I can take a look and make some comments. Since I am not a sandtrooper I do not feel that it may be right for me to make comments the one you're working on. But it looking at it now the armor is pretty much exactly like what I currently wear.

Nice start on the CRL.  I think it is also a good idea to start with ANH armor for TD approval but then for PO and SWAT, the ROTJ it has to be. 

On the CRL, couple of comments.

"The standard configuration calls for a minimum of one pouch on the left shoulder" - Clearly not the case (See the pic at the top of this page - only 1 out of three).  Do  we say it is there for basic but then removed for Level 2 or 3?

Shoulder straps - We have the bust pic showing ribbed straps (see CrookKnights back build thread) so do we dictate white elastic waistband same as original?

Back pack frame - Do we have good pics showing the frame? 

I went looking for the HD Ref pics showing the SE Trooper but couldn't find them so some of the comments are from memory.

For the level 1, we should stick with the BMW oil pan for the base with normal Straps.

For level 2, I am going to make a base mold and vacform it.  As you can see in the reference photos (from the toy), it wraps around the back plate, so this will have to be created and will be more difficult for someone to get to this level.  As for the attachment, I am not sure how it will work at this point.  

I have requested a copy of the Magmatrooper CRL and will send to you once I have it.

Also, I should be done with the pack tonight and will take pictures tomorrow night or Saturday morning.  I will make sure I get it done by then, since I go on vacation for a week.:dance: