Tyrdog's First Set.

Tyrdog54

Hey all! My name is Logan and I come from Wisconsin. I have an untrimmed AP kit and I bought the additional pieces to build a sandtrooper, (ie, the backpack, knee plate, and pauldron).I am currently in the process of trimming and I go to school at the University of Oshkosh during the regular school year and come back to Madison during the off season. I came to the forum hoping to ask for some advice on the set I am working on.

I think the biggest concerns I have are working on the helmet (which I will be trimming up later today) and weathering the armor itself as I have never really done that before. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, sorry for the crap quality I took the photos with my older phone...

Edit: Also forgot to ask, should I cut the backplate/kidney plate or leave it as a whole piece? The CRL says I could do either but what would you guys think is best?

post-6357-0-85486500-1434030734_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-36993500-1434030749_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-07668500-1434030757_thumb.jp

Welcome to the MEPD Logan! I have an AP kit too and am familiar with it. Most of up cut the backplate/ kidney plate. You'll likely find it more comfortable than leaving it whole.

Have fun!