TrooperMaster TD WIP : First Ever Build : Input More Than Welcome

millenium1

very good work, makes me want to start weathering mine, I am holding off to I get boots and stuff for my new helmet but now I am tempted big time, I love seeing people's hard work paying off

Thank you so much for your kind words Dan :yes:

My weathering took quite a while to complete as i did many light passes to try to get an organic natural look, with me the weathering was a feel thing so i only worked on it when i was really in the mood. There is nothing to stop you starting it Brother as you can put it down and go back to it whenever you choose ;)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bas, thanks for the kind words Brother :thumbsup:

I used wire wool on the scope as that is brass. the rest was done using the dry brush method.

I found sitting in a really well lit room allowed me to see how the minimal amount of paint made the surface look like wear and tear, i overdid it on a few occasions where it just looked like paint. Luckily it just wiped off with a damp cloth. :)

Hi Bas, thanks for the kind words Brother :thumbsup:

I used wire wool on the scope as that is brass. the rest was done using the dry brush method.

I found sitting in a really well lit room allowed me to see how the minimal amount of paint made the surface look like wear and tear, i overdid it on a few occasions where it just looked like paint. Luckily it just wiped off with a damp cloth. :)

I saw you used a brass scope indeed, it's awesome, very detailed!

I'm a great fan of dry brushing, personally I used a very bright daylight lamp when dry brushing, gives you a perfect view on what you're doing :)

The electrics are all but done in my bucket, Skyminers EAS and the ROM/FX in place with just Echo's fans to install.

This will never win any engineering awards but everything works great and the helmet fits snug and is very comfortable, it also transfers to my other buckets.

The EAS is fantastic, i can hear everything outside of the helmet with amazing clarity :yes:

The wires go nicely through my neckseal and connect to the circuit boards which are housed in project boxes fixed to my chest plate.

Thank you as always for looking :thumbsup:

029_zps8508c436.jpg

• 2 weeks later...