Back piece

TD-4242

I've noticed, now that I've goot a good backpack, that the design in the back piece pushes the backpack out away form my back by a quite a bit. I'm thinking of modifing a mold to not have that part and only have a flat back piece in order for the back pack to sit flush with my back.

Looking at the movie caps I can't tell if it would be cannon one way or the other. there is no direct side shots but all the slightly angled side shots make it look like thier backpacks are flush.

What's eveyone else think? and would anyone be interested in them if I pulled them?

Honestly, I think it'd be easier to just form the backpack to fit over/around the existing backplate.

You never know when a backpack might not work in a given situation, and it's better to not have the backpack then have the wrong plate.

Yes, make a spot for your packto go around the backplate... the film packs rest on a frame.. so you have an inch or two depth inside the frame to help accomidate your OIL Box on your backplate... If you don't have a frame, then consider making a false one to give some bulk to the pack thus hidding the backplate better....

you can also move the "tube" a bit to the inside edge of your pack to help "hide" the gap...

-Bamatrooper

TD-152

• 4 months later...

On the MDK pack, I am considering putting a sunken area for the back plate. Or just letting the buyer cut a hole wherever he/she want's.

Since the hole would not be accurate to the Marmit or Kotobukia, I don't want people complaining about the hole. So maybe letting others cut it will be the right way to go.