Backpack #3 Exhaust 3D Model

Zyzgy

Hi,

I'm making a start on Backpack #3.  Currently collecting all the various bits. I couldn't find any suitable exhausts so decided to have a ago at making a 3D model.  I have printed this (in resin) and I was super pleased with the final result! You will need a  jubilee clip/worm drive hose clamp to finish it off, the hose is optional as I have included one in the model.  A bit of light sanding might (probably will) be required.  Let me know what you think!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5461254

• Like 1

It looks really good and thanks for sharing!:duim: The only thing I would change is the angle of the main body/box where the actual pipe of the exhaust is attached, you can see it in the following picture:

image.thumb.png.e72f024070191e46e97822d539a4f2cc.png

Can you see what I mean?

Many thanks for your comments, it s always good to get positive feedback and I can see exactly what you mean!  In the first photo I've posted you can clearly see a few things that will require changes (1) the angle at which the hose is at is too shallow - see the red lines (2)  the height at which the hose comes out of the body is too low (this doesn't help with the issue you raised in your original comment), I can't actually easily measure this as I don't want to risk removing mine off the backpack and then not being able to put it back on, but I can clearly feel this.  I would say it needs to be moved up on my model by ~5mm - see the yellow lines. (3) the feet position also needs some attention, in the photo you posted you can see that the exhaust body is much closer to the bottom edge of the seed tray and the front (uppermost) foot is mounted directly on the middle ridge of the see tray and the back foot  is only just on the lower ridge (maybe by 1/3 or 1/4 of the ridge). I guess this measurement will vary depending on the seed trays you are able to obtain.

So, I will update my model; (1) increase the angle at which the hose exits the main body (2) move the hose up by ~5mm (3) modify the hose to compensate for the steeper angle (4) make the feet a separate part so these can be placed at the correct distances to take into account the seed tray ridge  dimensions and (5) although you cant see this on any photos of the original backpack exhaust, the upper edge of the nozzle spout has a rounded profile as opposed to in the model which is simply cut flat (not quite sure how I'm going to do this with the modelling software I use but I will give it a go!), also its wall thickness is wrong, the original is only 2mm whereas my model is 3mm (I've no idea how I missed that!), see the second photo I've posted .

RS PM Exhaust 004.jpg

RS PM Exhaust 005.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Model now updated (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5461254) in-line with above comments.  I have also detached the feet and provide these in both the original as posted above width of 13mm and also 15mm, as, when looking at that original photo they look wider in relation to the body length than I had originally modelled.   Having the feet as a separate part also means these can be positioned on the body to align with whatever spacing is required to get these in the correct position with regards the ribs on the seed/gravel trays.

• 2 weeks later...