Looking To Be A Mudskull

Hey guys, looking to slowly start working on a Mimban Trooper since it doesn't look like we have any in my local garrison. I'm currently finishing up a Snowtrooper build but I'm kind of at a standstill at the moment while I wait for some orders to come in. I originally had in mind to do a Sandtrooper build after my Snowtrooper but after seeing the Mimban Trooper I instantly fell in love with the overall look. Looking through the threads it looks like the Jim Tripon kit is the most popular for this guy and I figured I'd get my under suit and boots from Imperial Boots. I've also seen the Amazon link for the cape on here and I was thinking I'd go with a pack from Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs. If anyone has some input or recommendations I'd appreciate the help. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, looking to slowly start working on a Mimban Trooper since it doesn't look like we have any in my local garrison. I'm currently finishing up a Snowtrooper build but I'm kind of at a standstill at the moment while I wait for some orders to come in. I originally had in mind to do a Sandtrooper build after my Snowtrooper but after seeing the Mimban Trooper I instantly fell in love with the overall look. Looking through the threads it looks like the Jim Tripon kit is the most popular for this guy and I figured I'd get my under suit and boots from Imperial Boots. I've also seen the Amazon link for the cape on here and I was thinking I'd go with a pack from Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs. If anyone has some input or recommendations I'd appreciate the help. 

Hey! Glad to have you! It’s an awesome build! Jim’s kit is excellent, he also sells the soft good which are very good. The IB soft goods and boots are excellent. Make sure your plash has leather grommets, some come with metal ones, and remember it will have to be dyed black. Looks like you are pointed in the right direction! Feel free to reach out with any questions! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, WinterSoldier said:

I did have a question about Jim. Does he have a website or is he on Facebook? What’s the best way to contact him?

He is on facebook, or you can email him directly.  He's very easy to work with.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.tripon

jimmiroquai@yahoo.com

edit: beaten to the punch by minimo  :P

• Like 1

My plash palatka arrived today and it has the leather grommets. I know this will be a slow process but I am beyond excited for this build. Having said that this plash is pretty large so does anyone have recommendations on how to dye it as far as what to put it in? 

My plash palatka arrived today and it has the leather grommets. I know this will be a slow process but I am beyond excited for this build. Having said that this plash is pretty large so does anyone have recommendations on how to dye it as far as what to put it in? 

It has a water proof treatment that you need to get rid of before dying. If you have access to an outside turkey fryer it works wonders. I gave mine 3 baths at 215F for about 20 minutes each. I then dyed at the same temp and it took the dye like a charm. As far as dye I used three of these: Rit Dye Liquid Fabric Dye, Black 8 oz (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3T14IK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_9JC300WM9VTX7914Y4KE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minimo said:

It has a water proof treatment that you need to get rid of before dying. If you have access to an outside turkey fryer it works wonders. I gave mine 3 baths at 215F for about 20 minutes each. I then dyed at the same temp and it took the dye like a charm. As far as dye I used three of these: Rit Dye Liquid Fabric Dye, Black 8 oz (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3T14IK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_9JC300WM9VTX7914Y4KE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

What size fryer? 

15 hours ago, minimo said:

I use this one

Bayou Classic 1118 32-Quart Stainless Steel Turkey Fryer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009K8SJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_RSPKKBTNV4XE2SYVY0Q3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think mine is about a 30 qt. Do you use any detergent or alcohol for taking the water proofing off or just water and the heat does the rest?

I think mine is about a 30 qt. Do you use any detergent or alcohol for taking the water proofing off or just water and the heat does the rest?

I’ve done it both ways, see no difference in the results. The high heat should be enough.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...