Backpack #3 - Informationthread

bigwam

I am in Georgia. There are some friends that have been in the 501st here in town I will contact them. I will do what you say! Is that how I get my Tk#. Ok I will let u know. I will be sending you some photos of my armor pieces soon. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

By far the best breakdown of the move along pack. You’ve made it much easier to do this build or even modify what I already have to be more screen accurate. Thank you so much for all this effort.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I'm preparing to build as accurate a backpack as possible to replace my old SWAT approved one which is somewhat dated now.

Using the references, I think I have scaled most sizes within a certain tolerance. I used the known sizes of the radio and the syphon as comparisons.

If anyone sees any major discrepancies from what I think, please let me know your views.

FRAME:

Top to bend: 260mm 

Bottom to bend: 220mm

BREXTON BOX:

Height: 240mm

TOP BOTTLE:

126mm showing below mushroom cap

MORTAR TUBE:

687mm Long with hole 45mm below top

EXHAUST PORT (main body):

120mm at longest point, slopes to 111mm

60mm wide 

I think the rest is fairly self explanatory but if anyone wants to chip in with other dimensions, feel free

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, Marv said:

If they didn't say what vehicle did they say what it is?

Apologies, haven't been on the forum for a long time. No details at all which is very frustrating! Most people are happy to share their discoveries and help but not this individual it seems.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m fairly certain those are large Axial Paper Electrolytic Capacitors from a Tube Amplifier on the side of the pack, I’ve seen them on guitar amps many times before in my years. Definitely NOT “Shotgun Shells”!

F989393B-A730-48CF-9C06-42139A06C536.jpeg.615d1c1b1e01f1b1b0d473f97d892c5d.jpegThis is exactly what it appears to be from my perception. 9488A1A3-F17E-4875-82F8-B578726E6A6C.thumb.jpeg.71770d1cacc712e1775975862d5f40db.jpeg
1A32FCE5-E5DD-4FFD-AA27-77140FFD33C0.thumb.jpeg.2ff59564a8a07f92e3cc8df3653c30b1.jpegB106A14C-609C-46EE-8C02-34BB72DADE84.thumb.jpeg.a111fa9e55fef19d87b18161d395f169.jpegNsYFdAW.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 3:41 AM, bigwam said:

You're right, it must be capacitors.

You can actually see the rolled edge lips and center caps with wires coming out. Also the fact that the vintage Fender guitar amps have exactly 5 of the correct size in the correct orientation with what appears to be those small resistors and wires on a base pad is what does it for me. And most importantly it makes sense in terms of the year as these Paper style capacitors are from the correct time frame.1966-Fender-Deluxe-Reverb-A19726-8.jpg5A59F12C-E7B8-46CF-93E9-C12A1D5A87B8.jpeg.e971231b96a5e6201db85ec1500212cb.jpeg
Not to mention Chewbacca’s Bowcaster had the exact same Knobs that came on all these vintage Fender guitar amplifiers so there’s a good chance the prop makers had one they used for greeblies. That little knob is actually another clue that led me to look into Fender tube amp Capacitors which I had immediately recognized because I used to play fender amps and I’ve been playing guitar for over 30 years.5cRGsm0_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&Fender-Amp-Settings-1.jpgThese came on most of the vintage Fender amps back in the 60’s and 70’s. Such as the Deluxe, Vibrolux, and Twin Reverb series, or even the Fender Bassman. The issue is all of these vintage amps usually go for big bucks and are sought after by many musicians and studios. It really would be a shame to destroy a perfectly good vintage Fender amp! Though the capacitors do eventually leak and need replacement from time to time, so perhaps old spent capacitors from a repair shop could be appropriate for pack parts. 
7dQ0BX5.jpgAs you can see they are the right size. About the same depth as the seed tray.voIB3Zq.jpgkjeKQDi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:30 AM, DustyTrooper said:

You can actually see the rolled edge lips and center caps with wires coming out. Also the fact that the vintage Fender guitar amps have exactly 5 of the correct size in the correct orientation with what appears to be those small resistors and wires on a base pad is what does it for me. And most importantly it makes sense in terms of the year as these Paper style capacitors are from the correct time frame.1966-Fender-Deluxe-Reverb-A19726-8.jpg5A59F12C-E7B8-46CF-93E9-C12A1D5A87B8.jpeg.e971231b96a5e6201db85ec1500212cb.jpeg
Not to mention Chewbacca’s Bowcaster had the exact same Knobs that came on all these vintage Fender guitar amplifiers so there’s a good chance the prop makers had one they used for greeblies. That little knob is actually another clue that led me to look into Fender tube amp Capacitors which I had immediately recognized because I used to play fender amps and I’ve been playing guitar for over 30 years.5cRGsm0_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&Fender-Amp-Settings-1.jpgThese came on most of the vintage Fender amps back in the 60’s and 70’s. Such as the Deluxe, Vibrolux, and Twin Reverb series, or even the Fender Bassman. The issue is all of these vintage amps usually go for big bucks and are sought after by many musicians and studios. It really would be a shame to destroy a perfectly good vintage Fender amp! Though the capacitors do eventually leak and need replacement from time to time, so perhaps old spent capacitors from a repair shop could be appropriate for pack parts. 
7dQ0BX5.jpgAs you can see they are the right size. About the same depth as the seed tray.voIB3Zq.jpgkjeKQDi.jpg

Brilliant bit of work in this agree this could be the likely source.

I had brought some aircraft capacitors for my build (when I get back to it) but this feels more likely

What model Fender is pictured above?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marv said:

Brilliant bit of work in this agree this could be the likely source.

I had brought some aircraft capacitors for my build (when I get back to it) but this feels more likely

What model Fender is pictured above?

Thank you, I believe that particular model is a Deluxe Reverb, but many of the vintage Fender amps had these same parts such as the Vibrolux Reverb, and Twin Reverb.