Shotgun shell lucky discovery?

Sithlord337

Hi, I apologise if there is already a discussion thread that this should be part of. I have been doing some digging around to find the elusive real world parts for the shotgun shell elements. I have always seen the rounded edges and have long thought that they may well be radio valves like noxie tubes. The issue is the seemingly metallic look of the shells, beyond being painted. I came across this picture which is part of a page on valves etc. What do we think?

IMG_20190405_105641.jpg

While I don’t think this is what was used on screen I’m with you thinking it might have come from electrical parts.

As far as we know the prop department used parts for all kinda bits and pieces for prop detailing  taken from a large lot coming mostly from plumber, electrical and camera parts.

I also did some research on this part with no real conclusion but my bet is on big sized fuses like this one, just as an example...

160-EBCA8-3-CC5-4-DD9-9-C95-6-C06-FC975-

But that is  just my guess, don’t blame me for it if you’re on the right track!   :engel:

I dunno about the "rounded edges" part. For me it's pretty cylindrical, with pointy things attached to the end. 

Like what Mr. Vintage @RoCKo shows, only longer. 

Also, from the seedtray height, the length of em should be approximately around 5 - 6 cm long. 

Any info on the  length of these noxie tubes?