Chopper's Alley Pack 4 Build

Chopper48104

Hi everyone, so I've been slowly working on Charlie/Crashmann's Sandy Pack kit for a few months now. Fortunately, the holiday break and the weather have finally given me a chance to get some painting done.

Here's where I'm at so far:

iuVCdzXh.jpg

Obviously, I haven't done a whole lot of assembly yet, outside of the Sonix and the Shires Syphon.

I wear a black pauldron with my Sandy, so, before I submit my application for Police Officer, I was planning on making my pack into the "Pack 4" variety. Not just any Pack 4 though, I want to make the version seen in the alley, while the troopers are running to docking bay 94.

This trooper:

dr5QZPbh.jpg

Reference images from alley door check, unfortunately poor lighting):

Ye460e9h.png

Reference images from the docking back 94 fun run:

M8VdMgbh.png

I sorta love the twisted and junky looking piece of electrical tape holding the Sonix onto the seed tray. I also noticed a vertical piece of tape holding the lower trays together. Presumably there's one on the other side of the tray as well?

I'm hoping to integrate these little details once assembly starts. More to come as the build progresses.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. One other detail I noticed while squinting at screenshots -- you can see the syphon rocking back and forth while the trooper is running. It must've only been affixed with a single bolt, leaving it free to move about? I'll likely affix mine more securely for trooping purposes, but I thought it was an interesting detail.

TAZfA0hh.png

VpF9ZHIh.png

I also noticed that there's no vertical tape on the other side of the lower seed tray. Interesting.

Since my lab pipe has the smaller tubes glued into the ends, I'll likely end up sawing off the upper one to create the shorter pipe. Thanks for noting that detail, as well as the second piece of tape on the Sonix, @bigwam. The second piece of tape wasn't as clear in the screenshots.

Now, off to the hardware store to buy more black paint!

You are right with the syphon. I think too, that it is fixed with a single bolt.

And the tapes, i think they was only used to fix the Radio, not the seed trays like the “move along“ pack.

The trays are mounted. Just testing placement before bolting the big stuff in. Any feedback is welcome.

Question -- should I trim down the mortar tube a bit? It seems long to me, but I know that angles and perspective can change how it appears on screen.

rSN6tJKh.jpg

Did some rigging and attaching over the weekend. Here's where I'm at so far:

4yCSVxZh.jpg

Found a tupperware lid on ebay for only a few dollars, so I'm waiting on that to arrive for the radar dish. Do we know if this pack use the 4" or the 5.25" version?

Also, for future updates and enhancements, what's considered the proper height and circumference of the bottles? If I'm going to walk around the drug store measuring shampoo bottles, I want to make sure I get the right one :)

I found these bottles at Target. They measure *almost* 4 inches in diameter, which corresponds with what Strider stated in his "found part pack build" thread. Seems like a better match, yes?

I'll work on painting and fitting them as weather permits.

NkqLuZCh.jpg

Found both size tupperware radar dishes for pretty cheap. Which one is generally considered "correct"? The larger one measures 5.25 inches/13.33 cm the smaller measures 4.5 inches/11.43 cm. I'm guessing the smaller one based off of the screencaps?

w57GDQAh.jpg

TAZfA0h.png

There's been a lot of debate about which Tupperware lid is the correct size, but most believe it is the smaller one, especially when compared to the 2 1/2" mortar tube.

For your shampoo bottle, you'll need to cut it down in height like Strider did a couple of years back:

Strider_Backpack_03.jpg

Strider_Backpack_02.jpg

Strider_Backpack_12.jpg

Strider_Backpack_13.jpg

Strider_Backpack_14.jpg

You're pack looks fantastic, and with a little weathering you'll be ready to apply for Police Officer!

Charlie

• Like 2

Well, after killing my vision looking at dim and blurry screenshots, here's my final pack build. The overhead light glare unfortunately washed out the weathering, but it's there. Up next -- working through the Police Officer checklist and get things ready for submission.

LiJ3z6Sh.jpg

qhY9r7ch.jpg

• Like 1