m4vrick's real Sonix Radio 75

m4vrick

Hi guys, my BBB arrived safe and sound. I did ask the seller how he got hold of this. He said he got it from a memorabilia military auction, and there wasn't much competition as this was not much of a "military" item. 

I will look to restore its radio function as it was however non working. But i will leave the face (rust and all) as is. Battle worn :td:

For now, I shall not show what's inside of it as ...well, let's not spoil your appetite. 

And i think i will mount the Sonix on my backpack. Just have to figure out a way to get this firmly placed there without damaging its faux leather. No, i will not paint the radar piece black. I think i'll just cover it with a very thin black decal per my SWAT requirement. 

With mine, there's been 4 this past years. I think it's re-surfacing slowly. Don't give up hope ! 

45079826184_fabc8bed60_k.jpg

45079822674_1803d4de38.jpg

44891344615_9291e38785.jpg

45079820974_e25b4e1c19_b.jpg

45754696272_6c4d9dd4e8_c.jpg

43987540700_9d653879a0_c.jpg

45754694442_c52bb382af_h.jpg

43987765800_74bef1d4f7_b.jpg

Regards, 
m4vrick

• Like 1

So cool to see the real thing Vincent, thanks for sharing, I'm happy for you! :salute:

I don't want to know how many of them were actually just thrown away, now it seems people start to realize what this actually is. On the other hand they also realize that it's valuable to some and that they can ask for a serious amount of money, which is pretty sad. 

• Like 1

Congrats Vincent, gorgeous thing!

I really don’t begrudge you for this, you really deserve this, bro!  :wub:

What a great thing to see all those finds come to light... one fine day there will be my chance!

I just hope they prices will go down for originals as I can’t spend that much money on Star Wars stuff unfortunately! :sweat:

• Like 1

Many thanks friends. Urs summed it up perfectly. More and more people are starting to realize what this is. Unfortunately, with that,  the price comes along. But you know, as supply gets more and more, prices will definitely come down. In all, they're starting to resurface slowly. Don't give up!