Trooper Z's TD Build...WIP

Trooper Z

So I ordered and received an AM kit a few months ago, then I opened the BBB like everyone else does, then I shut it and started to re-read everything that I had already been over quite a few times. I decided to start with the bucket I figured if I can get that together the rest has to be easier. So here is my first installment of pics. I'll try to keep the work area cleaner next time. I know I need to probably raise the brow a bit more and I still have to install the mic tips. 

DuAIAXQ.jpg

QHBQyKN.jpg

cfJFQua.jpg

7WBTX1f.jpg

QwBEJyq.jpg

xkZVj05.jpg

Welcome aboard.

Lovely work on the paint so far, especially the traps, tears and frown.

If you’re going for the higher levels of accuracy, you might want to consider tweaking the tube stripes a little. Ideally, they should be around a pencil width from the cheeks. Your right cheek especially looks a little further than that from the pics.
Also, are they done using different templates? The right side stripes appear to be spaced closer to each other than the left.

Here’s some handy reference pics. :-)

Ref
85f4efcd1cf7e04430ec13188fa3561f.jpg

6b992fa549bec66e107e0ca5c1c46114.jpg

Best wishes

Dan

39 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Welcome aboard.

Lovely work on the paint so far, especially the traps, tears and frown.

If you’re going for the higher levels of accuracy, you might want to consider tweaking the tube stripes a little. Ideally, they should be around a pencil width from the cheeks. Your right cheek especially looks a little further than that from the pics.
Also, are they done using different templates? The right side stripes appear to be spaced closer to each other than the left.

Here’s some handy reference pics. :-)

Ref
85f4efcd1cf7e04430ec13188fa3561f.jpg

6b992fa549bec66e107e0ca5c1c46114.jpg

Best wishes

Dan

If I’m not mistaken, those look like the “sandtrooper style” stripe templates from trooperbay. One side is more sparse than the other if I remember correctly.  All I know is that this is not based on the “stop that ship” helmet. I think the “ move along” helmet had more stripes on the left side, so maybe the stencil was trying to emulate that.

I wasn't sure on the spacing for the stripes thank you, I'll work on redoing them. I'm aiming for the "Move along" and I'l like to be PO at some point so getting it right the first time will save me rework in the end. I might also have to redo the ears to make more tube space to fit more stripes. Thank you both for the feed back. I'll work on it and post more pics. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After much too long just sitting around being lazy I've finally decided to assemble my kit. I've set myself a deadline of having it complete by Halloween. More pics to follow. I almost have all of the armor for the shins, thighs, biceps, and forearms ready for final adjustments and gluing. I'll have to undersuit up to check the thigh armor before finally gluing the backs. I also still have a pretty good amount of return edge to take care of before I can do this. 

e60qKeg.jpg

Inside Bicep Glue up 

xI4ZFHX.jpg

nNitZXI.jpg

qUZx7SF.jpg

Thigh inside glue up

pc579Gp.jpg

Outside Thigh Cover Strip

7Tll7xK.jpg

Inside Shin Glue up

dPvu2Nq.jpg

Outside Shin Cover Strips

N81fqui.jpg

Before cleaning up the E6000

2Tm6r5A.jpg

After the E6000 Clean up

VfyJ9MC.jpg

FB_IMG_1598225826886.jpg

FB_IMG_1598225819395.jpg

received_720421665202492.jpeg

O Sandy Ones...

Is Velcro an acceptable way to strap my armor or will I have to use snaps for future possible Levels of approval? I realize that certain snaps and rivets need to be seen (Side rivets, butt plate snaps, ab to chest screws.) But I can't seem to find anything that says I can't use Velcro instead of a snap and elastic or webbing method  for PO approval. Thanks for the help in advance.

Sure, you can use velcro. You mean, to use velcro to attach the straps? It is only important that the screws and rivets that you need are visible.

But: velcro could be a bit rigid. Snap fasteners make strapping more flexible.

It will mostly be used in the ab and chest connections. I have snaps handy because I planned on going that route to begin with so maybe a combination of both. I've heard the velcro makes for a fast suit up but I'm sure it's relative.