Greetings from Mimban

Omegastriker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What fantastic weathering!! I love it! Do you have a build thread on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! Sadly, I do not. I really wish I did though. If you need any help I can offer my two cents where you need it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Plainsrunner said:

Hey Thomas!   I have a kit inbound from Jim!    What did you use for your weathering?   

I'm a bit surprised we don't have more Mimbans, but it seems they are few and far between. 

Hi Scott! I'm hoping to see more pop up. At Celebration, there was me and maybe one other this year. I'm glad to see you go with Jim's kit! Easy kit to work with and the rogue one armor really makes the mimban look great in my opinion. I used a combination of acrylic paints on mine. I mixed grey and mars black 50/50ish and then added some burnt umber. I used this as a light wash and then slowly built it up, dabbing it off with an old t shirt. Then I used the same mix with way less water to add the thicker areas. I then dabbed some Vallejo Russian mud splash paint around. I sanded it off and reapplied quite a bit. The lower armor is thicker than the top. After that I wet each piece down and used mars black mixed with water and sprayed it out of a spray bottle. It will then run and dry over time. It worked for me! The important thing is to not go too crazy with the thick areas

• Upvote 1

Thanks man!    Did you first paint the kit in gloss white to be shiny as if you were building a TK instead of a Mimban?
Yes. I painted the whole kit and then added the acrylics. I put a good layer of clear coat on top of the white too so when I sanded down the "mud" I wouldn't cut into the white as much. I used rustoleum high performance white. I almost wanted to just make a rogue one stormtrooper because it looked really good bright white!

• 1 month later...
Looking sharp n dirty trooper. I’m in Australia trying to source a bandolier and not having much luck. eBay source in the US won’t ship down under. Any tips?
Thanks! If you're on Facebook, ask the Mimban Fam group. There's a couple Aussies on there that have them. I could have sworn they sourced them from Ebay though...