*DONE* TD-89161 Requesting Deployment

Hi Stephen and welcome to the MEPD!:salute:

Your gear looks great but I would like to ask you to add one picture without bucket and some brighter and more detailed pics of your helmet for me to see whether there is the black rank bar on the ear (maybe you will also have to add some new grey paint to the ear as it already looks quite worn down) and if your tubestripes are handpainted. Also I will need to see one picture of the inside of your armor showing your strapping. 

Your pack looks cool too although the bend in the frame is quite extreme, can you wear it comfortably? The only real issue I can see here so far is the radio, as it seems to have a vacformed faceplate, which according to the MEPD requirements for PO isn´t acceptable: "Vacu-formed radio faceplates are not allowed"

Your blaster is a very free "interpretation" of the T-21/Lewis Gun and I would like to ask you to change the front sight for something more accurate like this:

40537022174_3cfac0a7fb_b.jpg

It doesn´t have to be uber-accurate but I think there is a better way of emulating this detail.

I can post a bucket off photo soon with strapping, the pack was bent to a 40 degree angle. The faceplate of the radio is vaccuformed and will be changed. My T21 is pretty much a free interpretation but I am looking at complete kits for better detail.

Sounds good! Don't get me wrong here, I assume you have scratchbuilt your T-21 and you have definitely done a good job, it's just the front sight that I'm complaining about, if you get that fixed, it will be good for PO. Should you ever consider going SWAT, you will probably have to rework a lot on your blaster and then getting a new one might be worth considering.

Shoutout for Urs... you're totally spot on mate. I would've missed the vac-formed faceplate. For Stephen, you got this man... hang in there. Just few easy fixes ! 

Great looking weathering Olympus!

Just a few things on the field pack.

-The filter isn' the right style or size.

- the bottle looks tapered.. but it shouldn' be.

- Tupperware stow-n-go should be lid against the seed trays, not facing out.

- and the radio..

Just a few things,  all part of the fun !

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that is a definite no for me are the french pouches you have. They aren't seen on screen and not canon. I would suggest that you replace them for the big spanish pouch or a leather MP-40 pouch...

Not trying to ruin the party here ;)

Good luck with your deployment trooper!! :duim:

Hey Stephen,

welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an MEPD deployed officer!

You have made those first changes quite swiftly, thanks for that.

So here we go with your first review:

Application Review: Part 1

Name: Stephen Whaley

Legion ID: TD-89161

Forum Name: Olympus

Garrison: Midsouth Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: check

*additional comments*
Nice work here, maybe a tad bit dirty …but hey, we do the Empire´s dirty work, so go for it!

RESULT ON HELMET

Checked & Cleared

Armor details

a. elastic straps shoulders: check

b. neck seal: check

c. black undersuit: check

d. shoulder bells: check

e. biceps: check

f. forearms: check

g. pauldron: check

h. chest / back plate: see comments

i. kidney / butt plate: check

j. ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. strapping system: check

l. thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): see comments

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: see comments

v. weathering: check

*additional comments*

back: please show me a picture of your back without the pack.

ammobelt (knee): your knee ammobelt doesn´t have the right shape at the bottom corners, here´s a picture of what I am talking about, so please sand both bottom corners down to achieve the recommended shape.

26809141907_ca747611f9_b.jpg

pouches: as our detachment leader Dutchy has pointed out, the French pouches aren´t acceptable for PO. I know that they are quite practical to store a cell phone in them but for deployment you will have to find some other pouches, either “Stolla Wien” replicas (maybe even real ones) or small, medium or large Spanish pouches. Here are some pictures of what they should look like:

41676029721_c6d34b94c9_b.jpg

41676030821_859e89d09e_b.jpg

RESULT ON ARMOR

pending

Backpack

a. details: see comments

b. weathering: check

*additional comments*

Your new radio looks great but there was one detail that slipped my attention,
your Tupperware box is mounted the wrong way: the lid should actually be attached to the seedtray.

Sandtrooper Backpack #5

RESULT ON BACKPACK

pending

Weapon

a. details: see comments

*additional comments*

You have cut down the little pipe emulating the front sight on your T-21, but I´m still not happy with it… try to emulate the shape of the original front sight, it doesn´t have to be a perfect copy, just a little closer than what you have right now. You can for example take a piece of wood and cut or sand it to a similar shape. I for example have used some pieces of plastic and a dremel to achieve the look of it.

RESULT ON WEAPON

pending

Stephen, this was your first review! Keep up the good work, those changes aren´t too difficult.

I´m looking forward to seeing some new pics of your improved gear soon.

Cheers mate

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer

Yeah I know, there is one trooper that I know off who was deployed with the French pouch. That was our fault, we, the deployment officers, just missed that detail and later on our detachment leader Dutchy pointed it out to us. And he's right, no such pouches were used in the movie although I have to admit that I like the style of the French pouches and they are more easily available than e.g. real leather "Stolla Wien" pouches. But we are all striving for a high level of accuracy, so I hope you can understand. But as I hear that you have already got some new Pouches on order, I guess we are on the same wavelength. :duim:

This is new to me. Maybe I have been gone too long but the french cleaning pouches have been OK for PO I thought. I know for SWAT its different, but for deployed officer its always been OK for as long as I can remember. The French pouches are an affordable option that is pretty close to what was used although not exact. Stolla Wien are almost non existent.

I was deployed years ago and I think I was using a french pouch at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stephen, here we go again with the second round of your review, so let´s get this done! ;) 

Application Review: Part 2

Name: Stephen Whaley

Legion ID: TD-89161

Forum Name: Olympus

Garrison: Midsouth Garrison

Helmet

a. Green lenses: check

b. Paint color of traps / tears: check

c. Correct number of teeth: check

d. Mic tips: check

e. Vocoder color: check

f. Tube stripes: check

g. Rank bar on ears: check

h. Brow: check

i. Side screws (ears): check

j. Weathering: check

*additional comments*

RESULT ON HELMET

Checked & Cleared

Armor details

a. elastic straps shoulders: check

b. neck seal: check

c. black undersuit: check

d. shoulder bells: check

e. biceps: check

f. forearms: check

g. pauldron: check

h. chest / back plate: check

i. kidney / butt plate: check

j. ab plate / side rivets / cod: check

k. strapping system: check

l. thighs: check

m. shins / calves: check

n. sniper plate: check

o. boots: check

p. gloves: check

q. hand plates / guards: check

r. ammo belt (waist): check

s. ammo belt (right knee): check

t. canvas belt: check

u. pouches: check

v. weathering: check

*additional comments*

Nice job with the knee ammo belt:duim:

RESULT ON ARMOR

Checked & Cleared

Backpack

a. details: check

*additional comments*

With the new radio and the turned around Tupperware box, your pack looks great.

RESULT ON BACKPACK

Checked & Cleared

Weapon

a. details: check

*additional comments*

I don´t know what part you used to emulate the front sight on your T-21 but it definitely does the job and looks so much better.

RESULT ON WEAPON

Checked & Cleared

Stephen, this was your second review, good work with those improvements... it was definitely worth it, congrats mate!:salute:

You have successfully followed the guidelines in regards to the MEPD CRL and have met the requirements, be proud of yourself.

Please send the pic you want to use to Luis (Sandman Tigui) and we'll get you squared away.

We will have your updated information uploaded into the MEPD system very soon.

Congratulations on becoming a Deployed Officer of the MEPD! Now please report to the Mos Eisley Mess hall where you'll serve the troopers until the next newbie gets cleared.

Hausi - MEPD Deployment Officer