Henselmonster RS Helmet Build

henselmonster

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out the size difference between RS and ATA. It is crazy how much smaller the ATA is. Luckily my wife will be taking the ATA because Ive always struggled getting my head in that bucket. Fits her perfectly. 

uH7euIs.jpg

JWBmGnF.jpg

• Like 1

I bought some flat brown/khaki colored paint, now, the question is, is it worth it to paint it the original HDPE color or just leave it as is. I am planning on adding the paint runs and whatnot to this, but I may use a different method than ABS paste. Any suggestions? 

I was thinking about using modeling paste. You can get it at most art supply stores. 

I like the shape & size of the RS you have, It is a pain in the pan when you get your head stuck in your bucket.

Having to wiggle it on sideways past your pouches, pauldron & pack is a bugger for sure.

12 minutes ago, Duden15 said:

Looks great so far. I wish you luck with the ears.

Already screwed up my first set. Second set in the mail lol. I think at this point it’s tradition for me to screw up my first set of ears

52 minutes ago, Eynonz said:

I wish RS gave spare ears.

Building my first RS helmet this week, real nervous about the ears.

Got a new PVC RS bucket in the box and I feel the same way! 

• Like 1

Paintdrips added, going to add a little darker paint or pencil graphite under them to help them stand out a bit more. Especially the side paint runs near the right ear and trap. Next up, ears, then weathering! 

rO54A8C.jpg

e0ASV46.jpg

ZgQtRzt.jpg

• Like 1

Man, you're really on a roll here!! Yeah I've build a couple of ATA's as well and they are sooooo much smaller than an RS or TE2.

But your helmet looks good to go as it's screen accurate! LOL

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.png

Looks already really good but be careful with the shape of the crack/paintrun on the right cheek, as it should end up between the fourth and fifth tubestripe while tubestripe 6 and 7 (I start counting from the ear) should be a little closer together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dutchy said:

Man, you're really on a roll here!! Yeah I've build a couple of ATA's as well and they are sooooo much smaller than an RS or TE2.

But your helmet looks good to go as it's screen accurate! LOL

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.png

does he get to join Mr No Stripes as Mr No Brow? 

3 minutes ago, Hausi said:

Looks already really good but be careful with the shape of the crack/paintrun on the right cheek, as it should end up between the fourth and fifth tubestripe while tubestripe 6 and 7 (I start counting from the ear) should be a little closer together.

Thanks! Yea I have the crack starting just on the bottom left edge of the 5th stripe, hard to tell in this image until I darken it a bit. Good catch on the 6th and 7th stripe. I missed that. I will have to modify down the road. Right now I need this thing ready for a troop on Saturday! Lol. I don't want to cram my head in that ATA again, my head is too big for that nonsense (probably why I didn't troop as frequently last year) 

Before weathering:

b88L2rK.jpg

After the base weathering. Adding more detail spot weathering tonight. But this guy is just about ready for its first troop on Saturday! 

2Cs2bOf.jpg

Also, these ears are temporary. I screwed up the back of the right ear, new ones on the way from RS. But they will do for now. Also the next set I will make them a bit thinner to match screen reference a little closer.