*ACTIVATED* TD-17778 Requesting Deployment #51

m4vrick

Name: Vincent William
Legion ID #: TD-17778
Call sign: m4vrick
Garrison: Garuda Garrison Indonesia
Trooper Emulated: Cantina Captain

Hello all, this be my SWAT submission. Please bear with me. 

2) Post at least two, nice sized, clear photos of you in your armor at various angles. These photos will be used, in part, to determine if your weathering is satisfactory.

blc_7281gyjkc.jpg

Move along... move along

blc_7356bikdr.jpg

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Pauldron, canvas belt, MP40 pouches:

img_1809uwjeo.jpg3. Side pictures & some weathering shots: 

img_1766ynkpy.jpg

img_1770kajdv.jpg

That's not the middle... i swear... 
Removed the decals on the Sonix radio 

img_17744skte.jpg

4. Bucket & some references: 

captain_cantinaxxjry.jpg

img_18410yj3l.jpg

Side bucket reference:

newlewis_troopercompnnk5d.jpg
img_1837hukzt.jpg

img_18401ojr8.jpg

img_18182s1jzz.jpg

4. Backpack
m4vrick backpack research & build:

Additions:
Adjusted the shotgun shells on the backpack

img_0625brj2j.jpg

Revised the weathering on the brexton box. Weathering should be on the bottom, not on the sides.
weatheringbackpackd3kr5.jpg

img_178322k3j.jpg5. Weapon: 

DLT-19
References:

dlt19z4j4j.jpg

dlt19_2y2j2f.jpg

img_18112x9kxd.jpg

img_18132vqjdl.jpg

6. Misc:
canvas strap, shoes, latex gloves, green lenses:

img_1847ugj09.jpg

img_18082wmksa.jpg

img_0851c6kn4.jpg

img_1846hik7g.jpg

Thank you all... constructive criticisms are always welcomed. Sincerely hope you all enjoyed that. 
Move along... move along... 

Hey Vincent, I was already waiting to see your application here, really nicely done with all the reference pics!:duim:

Absolutely stunning work on the helmet.

I think some spots on your chestweathering are a little too strong and others are missing. 

Good luck on your review mate!

Hey guys, thanks for these feedbacks! :duim: To be honest, i wanted to go straight to submit the SWAT right after my PO deployment but after i re-watched ANH TD scenes, i noticed my weathering was too heavy + the plastic shine was missing. So, this was a re-weathering, especially the helmet. Helmet part was tricky because to get the paint runs & to get the repair cracks emulated,  i believe we need a base paint. 

Agree that some weathering spots might still be too heavy & missing; but am not expecting an all-green application. After all that's what SWAT is all about. It's a continuous learning process. So thanks for those fellas!!! Can't wait really!

Hi Vince

Thank you for your interest in joining the elite and submitting your request for SWAT OFFICER

activation. Also it seems you'd be the first SWAT trooper to be cleared from our Indonesian outpost!

I really enjoyed following your journey and passion of getting your gear up to the highest standards and to join the elite forces.

The MEPD Senior staff members and myself will give your armor a full inspection and review.

Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but we will try to catch them on every pass given

until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team, brother!

So let's cut right to the chase...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 1

Name: Vincent William

Legion ID#0: TD-17778

Forum Name: M4vrick

Garrison: Garuda Garrison Indonesia

ANH Sandtrooper selected: Cantina Captain

Helmet:

Green lenses: check

Paint color on traps / tears: check

Paint color and number of teeth: check

Mic Tips: check

Vocoder color: check

Rank bar: check

Brow: check

Side Screws (ears): check

Weathering: stand by

**Additional Comments**

Generally really good job on the helmet just a few things worth pointing out:

- You'll need to dial back the paint run and crack on the right side of the helmet (points 3 and 4 in the star wars helmets overview)

- The edge trim should go a a bit farther back, I would say about 0.5-1cm. Also the weahtering in the corner where the edge trim meets the ear should be lightened up a little (please see reference below)

- The large horizontal paint run on the left side of the cheek is a bit too pronounced and should be scaled back a bit

- Lastly, could you please post a picture that shows the gap at the right ear a bit better (see comparison shot below)

swatrev.jpg

swatrev1.jpg

swatrev2.jpg

**Result on Helmet**

Stand By

Armor / Suit Details:

Stand By

Canvas straps shoulder:

Neck Seal: please provide a picture of your neck seal

Black Undersuit: check

Shoulder Bells: check

Biceps: check

Forearms: check

Pauldron: check

Chest / Back Plate: check

Kidney / Butt plate: check

Ab plate / Side Rivets / Cod: please provide a picture of the side rivets

Strapping: check

Tighs: check

Shins / Calves: check

Sniper Plate: check

Boots: check

Gloves: check

Hand plates / Guards: check

Ammo Belt (waist) w/ correct angled edge: check

Ammo Belt (right knee): check

Canvas Belt: check

Pouches: check

Weathering: The weathering looks really good and matches the emulated trooper quite closely. However, as others have mentioned the chest weathering needs to be dialled back just a bit.

Crotch Snaps: please provide a picture of the crotch snaps

**Additional Comments**

Really nice job overall and great attention to detail!

**Result on Armor**

Pending

BACKPACK

Stand By

Details: check

Weathering:check

**Additional Comments**

Game, set and match! The backpack with all the new discoveries lately constitutes a big challenge for many troopers. However, you have mastered this elemental part of the gear with flying colors!

**Result on backpack**

CLEARED

WEAPON: DLT-19

Details: check

Weathering: check

**Additional Comments**

Although we encourage to emulate the Bapty version of the DLT-19, the old version is of yet still clearable.

**Result on Weapon**

CHECKED & CLEARED

Looking good so far, Vince. I would say for the most part those should be easy fixes so I'm looking forward to the next and possibly last round :)

Cheers,

Constantin

Finally, the review i’ve been waiting for! Unfortunately i wont be able to do any fixes now as i’m already on my holiday, until next year. I was prepared to wait months for this, but you took the time to review my application Strider and for that i am grateful.
I wish you all my fellow TDs a happy holiday, & may it be merry. (can’t wait tbh)

Forgive me. I feel it again.. the pull to the light..

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the support. Was in US these past month. And on the day when i  was supposed to fly back from NY to LA (for the fight home), my NY flight got cancelled; I hit the jackpot: the bomb blizzard hit me. So one flight cancellation led to more travel plans cancelled. I had to wait for a week for my next flight to LA. 

But now i am back. Hopefully ready for full swing. I will be back with updates. Thank you all! 

OK here goes,

The right side of bucket corrections:
1. Right Side of bucket

bucket_right_viewurj4x.jpg

1. Dialed down upper crack marks (point 3 star wars helmets reference)
2. Dialed down lower crack mark (point 4 star wars helmets reference)
3. Re-aligned rubber brow, moved it back by 0.5cm

2. Left side of bucket: Horizontal stripe

left_bucket_stripe7ikgz.jpg

Dialed back horizontal stripe on the left side of the bucket which was a little over pronounced (repainted it actually)

3. Misc: side rivets & neck seal

side_rivets_a4okly.jpg

side_rivets_bhjk6t.jpg

Crotch rivet 

neck_sealikjm1.jpg

Last, for now... neck seal

That's all i have for now. Sure enough it took quite some time for this 2nd correction; but the weathering part was a re-weathering job & i want it to be right & spot on. Hopefully these suffice. (crossing my fingers). 

Hi Vincent, 

you have done an awesome job on the helmet as far as the weathering is concerned, I also like your chestweathering much more, looks really good. But I can already say that the gap on your left ear (from your point of view) is too small. In the screencaps you can see the light shining through that gap. Have a look at my SWAT approval thread, there you can see those pics and the gap. (I have to admit that the way you have emulated the cracks and paintruns on your helmet is better than the way I did it).

14 hours ago, Hausi said:

Hi Vincent, 

you have done an awesome job on the helmet as far as the weathering is concerned, I also like your chestweathering much more, looks really good. But I can already say that the gap on your left ear (from your point of view) is too small. In the screencaps you can see the light shining through that gap. Have a look at my SWAT approval thread, there you can see those pics and the gap. (I have to admit that the way you have emulated the cracks and paintruns on your helmet is better than the way I did it).

You are being too modest Hausi, your weathering is one of the best and you're absolutely spot on. All these while, on the back of my head i really thought (from that reference i know) there was that gap only on the right ear. I will work right on it...

Re-visited my DLT-19, i know mine was cleared but i want to be accurate about it and as somebody pointed out, the wires on my DLT-19 were in the wrong places, there should be indents to hold the wires on the t-tracks. So, time to visit my dremel:

t-racks2ozjo3.png

t-racks18ujet.png

More updates coming up.... 

OK another update, another dremel run to fix the gap of the left ear so that it's more obvious. 

leftkwj05.png

Some updates that i did over the weekend:

- Lighter chest weathering
- Added weathering details on the abs
- Added weathering detail on the right thigh
- Fixed gap on the right ear

garinden_scenekqjn3.png

Added that detail on the crown

cantinasearch_take2sqj1z.pngSome details based on the cantina scene. 

Vincent, you're doing an awesome job, chestweathering and helmet look really good!:duim: although I would tone down the left side of the chest a little, still looks a little too solid, but you are definitely heading in the right direction. 

Weathering on your right biceps and shoulder bell looks also very close to the original.

Way to go mate! :)

• Gordonator changed the title to *ACTIVATED* TD-17778 Requesting Deployment #51