Writing the R1 TD CRL

dutchy

Troops,

I would like to keep you informed on where we are standing at the moment with the CRL for the R1 sandtrooper.

I will start filling the CRL with all that is available this week.

Also I would like to say that only one CRL will be made for the Jedha Sandtrooper but it will have the options to choose between packs( the fieldpack and the Kyber pack).

I hope that it makes sense to you all.

..to be continued troops!!

:salute:

6 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

I made a post on FISD asking for anyone to be a CRL model, for those who may have the pack.  I haven't gotten much of a response.

Hmmm...there must be one clean trooper that is tempted by wearing an awesome pack and having some dirt thrown on his armor out there. We only need to find him..just as those 2 droids. ;)

Could you post the link to your post on the FISD, so I can chime in as well.

• Like 1

I need pictures from both packs but only one full body shot of the front and back of either one for the CRL main picture.

On ‎22‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:39 PM, HappyTrooperDotCom said:

Is this for the trooper shown in the photo below?  If so, I may have a candidate.

PaulPack.jpg

This pack looks ace!!

I do not think you are going to find a picture with someone wearing R1 armor with one of the packs.  Your best bet will be to either just show the TD without the pack or photo shop it in.  You could always add a disclaimer below the picture stating that a more appropriate picture will be added once you have a model.

7 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Have we tried reaching out on Facebook to the R1 building groups to see if anyone on those pages might want to be our model? I know not all of them want to join the 501st, but I am sure there are a number who are already members.

I hadn't thought of that.  I reached out to FISD but didn't get much of a response.  Is there anyone already in those groups that could reach out for us?  I wouldn't know where to start.

22 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Have we tried reaching out on Facebook to the R1 building groups to see if anyone on those pages might want to be our model? I know not all of them want to join the 501st, but I am sure there are a number who are already members.

That's an excellent idea!! I'm not on FB that much lately so keep me posted over here.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:13 AM, dutchy said:

Just as long as someone can provide me with a clear picture of the Kyber pack for the CRL I'm a happy trooper.

The guy in the pic is a Garrison mate and his wife is an amateur photographer, so I'll ask them tonight 

• Upvote 1

20171129_145708.jpgI'm almost done with the hard pack, just waiting on some 3d printed parts to come in. I'm sure it is the most accurate you will find right now. As far as modeling it, I'm ordering my kit now so it will be a little bit. I see a lot more people have completed the soft pack so looks like that will be the model photo20171117_162358.jpg

I have a question concerning the pauldron. In the photo the white pauldron looks like just a normal pauldron flipped over to show the white cotton underside on top. However the hot toys 1/6 scale is leather.  I was really close to getting a leather one made, then I thought I'd ask first. So what is it, leather or normal cloth?e_Mz_K6i2_1.png

PD14751556306j9_1_1.jpg

I have a question concerning the pauldron. In the photo the white pauldron looks like just a normal pauldron flipped over to show the white cotton underside on top. However the hot toys 1/6 scale is leather.  I was really close to getting a leather one made, then I thought I'd ask first. So what is it, leather or normal cloth?e_Mz_K6i2_1.png

PD14751556306j9_1_1.jpg

I would say it is leather.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like leather and you can see almost the same version( this one is all white compared to the ANH one, where the collar/neckpiece is black) being worn by Sergeants in A New Hope as well, there were 2 variations of the white pauldron.

One with and one without the additional stitching.

image_3f4de5de.jpg

anh_docking_bay_94_13meqgi.png

• Upvote 1