3D Files for Field Pack - 3D Printing

henselmonster

Finally got an accurate size for the canteen. Just did a print. Needs to be slightly wider, I'll update the file on thingisverse later today. I'm also posting a sales thread soon for anyone who may want a kit printed for them. 

m50mXnD.jpg

CTQlK5b.jpg

Rhx12En.jpg

On 6/18/2017 at 5:47 PM, henselmonster said:

Finally got an accurate size for the canteen. Just did a print. Needs to be slightly wider, I'll update the file on thingisverse later today. I'm also posting a sales thread soon for anyone who may want a kit printed for them. 

m50mXnD.jpg

CTQlK5b.jpg

Rhx12En.jpg

Looks Really Good

Here is a new project I am working on for this. So far I am just drawing out the schematics to the exact scale of the real radio.

Still need a lot of work and refinement, especially in the details. Not quite there yet, but this is just a WIP.

After this, I will model it and get it up on Thingiverse for anyone to 3D print an accurate sized radio replica. 

DUY8qRT.png

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Bobby Boucher said:

Hey @henselmonster, did anyone ever model the white thermal detonator piece that sits on the radar tube?  I don't know the exact terminology

I am not sure if anyone has modeled that. It might be a fun one to take a stab at. I'll be on the lookout

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 7:01 AM, henselmonster said:

I am not sure if anyone has modeled that. It might be a fun one to take a stab at. I'll be on the lookout

I can give it a shot.  I've always talked about getting into modeling and designing parts, just never done it.  Might be a good learning experience

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all, give me a few days and I will share my digitally scanned model of the Sonix/Northstar, it’s as accurate as one could ever hope for without having an original radio.  I’ve broken it down into easier to print pieces. I also made the main box with hex head anchor points and a hollow back to save weight.

Cheers,

Hollywood

8BFAC9DB-CCD7-484D-ABFD-93CA91B3BF36.jpeg

• Like 3

3D printed in PLA at .12mm layer height, then a coat of acrylic primer filler to add a layer of smoothness. A gentle wet rub with 600 grit wet and dry. 

a coat of flat black and some dry brush weathering (Valejo  Dark Flesh) to get in all the nooks and crannies like sand would.

7A16880E-78BA-42F3-9D39-209327D93DF1.jpeg

• Like 1