Striders Backpack build with found parts

Strider

25 minutes ago, Airborne Trooper said:

I glued it on carefully. The top bottle has a screw on the top from what it looks like. 

Yeah, I'd glue it on too. Not sure about the screw. I can't really see one in the reference pics I posted in the initial post.

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yeah, I'd glue it on too. Not sure about the screw. I can't really see one in the reference pics I posted in the initial post.

Trying to figure out if that is a screw or what sticking right out the top. 

gino_backpack_02.jpg

I need a top view if someone managed to take one at Celebration. 

This is Amazing!
THX a lot bro for sharing the link.

It is a bit expensive specially the shipping. 
I need to save a lot to buy all the parts I need for my new build. 

Soon I hope. Good thing is this are available and no need to go to junk yards to dig up old fossils!

Saludos

It appears to be a screw at the top of the toilet plunger on Gino's pack

gino_backpack_03.jpg

gino_backpack_04.jpg

Whether or not that is what was actually used in the movie, only the prop department would know!

backpack_air_filter_3.jpg

pack_02a.jpg

pack_03a.jpg

pack_04a.jpg

pack_05a.jpg

sandtroopers.jpg

white_dial_pack_nub_01.jpg

Charlie

Here are some more pics:

fieldpack4.jpg

fieldpack3.jpg

I actually did find one reference pic where the plunger possibly had a scre on top so it's possible that they screwed them onto some kind of lid on the bottle. Gino's screw does look a little bit to pronounced though.

I find it fascinating that you don't not really notice some things unless you really look for them. I never realized the plunger caps had ridges on them and the recess on the top until I specifically looked for them.  The ridge might look a bit too pronounced on the plunger right now but I guess once its painted it will blend in more.

Exciting times my brothers!

36 minutes ago, iconoclasta_88 said:

Could it be that the pack with the weird mushroom cap is just a plunger with the extra bit on top not cut off??

Cant find a good picture of that pack ATM to compare it to the plunger...

What do you think?

Saludos

Nice idea but I think the thing you're referring to had a larger diameter and was a bit thicker.

very awesome find brother, im in line now for two as well..  

The caps of the bottles are screwed to the bottom of plunger, then bottles are reattached to the caps now secured in the plungers.  You can e6000 them to the caps so they dont come loose easy, ive done this on mine but used a low profile nut and bolt..  Same idea as the bottom bottle attached to the siphon just shorter bolt.. 

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Almost looks like that bottle used the scraps of what's cut off on the plunger. 

That's exactly why i though too... that means these weren't some weird bottles but standard off the shelf bottles.

Unfortunatly that makes it nearly imposiible to find the correct model when the top isn't something special anymore.

My next question is this pack not using a lab pipe? Essential it is the same pack as the "Look sir, droids" trooper but without the adjusted bottom seed tray + gaffers tape, correct? I know there was some back and forth a few years ago. 

I'm thinking the bottle is something like this - these type of gas bottles might have been sold in a plumbing supply back in the day for the torch that was used for copper piping.   I'm not saying that this is the one but maybe there is a company that has (had)  the right specs for the backpack bottle.   See picture.

3cc9e62c-c3d9-4d11-828d-c6b7b72228f7_1.aa944f3da3ff54bff6fb2cfce096ef5a.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1970s said:

I'm thinking the bottle is something like this - these type of gas bottles might have been sold in a plumbing supply back in the day for the torch that was used for copper piping.   I'm not saying that this is the one but maybe there is a company that has (had)  the right specs for the backpack bottle.   See picture.

3cc9e62c-c3d9-4d11-828d-c6b7b72228f7_1.aa944f3da3ff54bff6fb2cfce096ef5a.jpeg

That looks pretty good!

I'm not really sure of the size - I don't have one in hand - but it is 16 oz.    Though, the problem with this bottle is if you look about and inch above the bottom - there is a seam that is running around the cylinder - not correct.   But maybe there was another company that produced something similar years ago.   Also, there are CO2 containers (16 oz.) that are similar - but the top edge is more rounded than this.