Grey-blue Color for Backpack Parts

Strider

11 hours ago, henselmonster said:

Slate Blue is too blue. Command staff is actually working on settling on a single color. Something closer to battleship grey. I will make a post in my pack build thread tomorrow AM with the options I’ve tried so far. It should be grey in color, with a hint of blue, but it will look grey under most lighting.

Hmm... until command makes a decision, aren't we a bit stuck when it comes to SWAT level field packs?    If I'm going to build a field pack I'm going to do it to SWAT standards even if I'm not yet ready to go full SWAT.   

3 hours ago, Plainsrunner said:

Hmm... until command makes a decision, aren't we a bit stuck when it comes to SWAT level field packs?    If I'm going to build a field pack I'm going to do it to SWAT standards even if I'm not yet ready to go full SWAT.   

Right now the best option we recommend is Battleship grey Or this Tamiya grey color. 

L78MYq8.png 

Hoping to find something a shade lighter, but for now its the closest commercial paint we can find. For my pack if I cannot find anything I may custom mix a color. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, henselmonster said:

Right now the best option we recommend is Battleship grey Or this Tamiya grey color. 

4y8aPzK.png 

Hoping to find something a shade lighter, but for now its the closest commercial paint we can find. For my pack if I cannot find anything I may custom mix a color. 

Are you finding this in a rattle can spray paint or mixed and brushed on?

1 hour ago, henselmonster said:

Rattle can, you can find both on amazon

Rustoleum Battleship Gray spray paint doesn't come up on amazon searches nor in any of my other google searches.

I see this Winter gray:

Rust-Oleum 249089 Painter's Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Winter Gray

And there is a Krylon brand that says battleship:

71VSiFYBLNL._SL1500_.jpg

Yup.....it’s the Krylon one. I’m an idiot lol :6:Sorry about that hahaha

Krylon K09206007 'Rust Tough' Battleship Gray Rust Preventive Enamel - 12 oz. Aerosol https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009XCKRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OjI2AbX4WC875

Edit: Updated the image above to say "Krylon"... lol

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Scott, you could have probably found that same can in an auto parts store for cheaper. It's usually just easier to share the Amazon link though.

Probably.   Saves me the trip though.   Also I'll have cans for touch up in the future.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Salutations from a shiny looking to get dirty....

doin my homework and unfortunately I'm not finding any of the colors your all posting...

I've been to Homeepot, Lowes and Ace hardware... 

Unfortunately I'm not looking forward to paying $12 a can of pray paint....

So THIS is what I found it's French blue, it's the can to the right, with the word "NEW in black writting...any and all info would be most appreciated...

Thank you

MAD.TK45001

20180625_213638.png

• 3 weeks later...

The color would make sense to be gray look at the gray on the back of the helmet in the image it matches the gray on the back pack even with the filters on or off. Also remember they were thrifty with production they probably used the same gray for the helmet on the pack since they had it laying around also gray seems to be the color of most of the empires equipment

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, Airborne Trooper said:

Looks nice! The only difference between ours is that I sanded mine down to reduce the texture on the body of the canteen.

Is that more accurate? Looking to start my new pack build as well.

• 4 months later...

Hello all.

I'm rebuilding my filter pack 5, and trying Tamiya TS-66.

Indirect, direct light, and heavy shade.

seem to be pretty close to the reference pics from looksirdroids.

3fbbe268f4d89690bac7cc8955c76e69.jpgd231dc85046ef800471664c01f1b6117.jpgf142caac7aed6a58c8d6f0875b1caf9d.jpg7ba1ac05e6b1dd202a377d3b2aa2fe72.jpgf175c1fb7e84eea2285978b033052074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk