Vintage Karrimor Tot'em frame measurements...

iconoclasta_88

Just basic W x L

And the length from the elbow to the end.

If looking at it from side - it is an L shape.

What are the rough dimensions of the length of the two parts of the L

I ask - because I do have a tube/pipe bender and may have that size aluminum pipe out in the shop. Might be able to make my own to look more like the original - than scouring thrift shops/ebay/surplus store.

Ok.

I'll check those.

Thing is that the base is not only bent on an L shape but also has an inwards angle. The base (base or the L) is not rectangular but more like a trapezoid. If you get what I mean.

And the angles are more like curves. So it's tricky.

I'll try my best anyway.

:)

Saludos.

Ok. I'll check those. Thing is that the base is not only bent on an L shape but also has an inwards angle. The base (base or the L) is not rectangular but more like a trapezoid. If you get what I mean. And the angles are more like curves. So it's tricky. I'll try my best anyway. :) Saludos.

Yup. I get it. There is the curvature of it.

No hurry on measurements. Whenever is fine.

• 6 years later...

Hey guys! I just stumbled across this thread and thought it would be a cool idea to share my own Karrimor frame.
So, I figure this is definitely not the correct size. It's too long, compared to the frames that were used on screen. Width-wise it seems to fit well enough, but to make this look accurate I would have to move the upper bar (the second one from the top) down a few centimeters and cut off everything above it.
However, I believe these longer frames can be converted to achieve an accurate look. 

Mine got two of the red "braces", and the thing looks used already... Less weathering needed. :D 

JlGoxbP.jpg

Even though it doesn't look like it in the picture, the tape-measure is aligned with the bottom of the frame. ;)

• Like 1

Hey, that's a great find, especially as it came with the correct red support straps, congrats!:duim:

As you have already written, you will have to cut it to length and reposition the upper bar but that's quite easy to do.

Have fun building!:)