Belt Placement on Two Piece Ab Plate/Codpiece

netslave

I am working on fitting the armor I just purchased, and the codpiece is separate from the Ab Plate. I've added straps/snaps to secure it, but I haven't fitted the belt yet, and I'm curious how people handle this. I can edge the belt down over the seam where the cod/ab meet, but I'm afraid it'll look too low. From what I can tell, the bottom of the belt should basically be right on the seam, which means the seam between the Cod and Ab may show.

I'd like to avoid adding more plastic to the cod, or permanently attaching it to the Ab Plate (I like the bit of extra movement it gives while separate pieces).

How do y'all handle that type of situation?

The belt is "low" in the front on many sandtroopers. So you should be able to angle it so it's hiding the seam but still higher on the edges and back — that's how the "Stop that Ship" trooper (which I have) is done.

Photos would help, but I'm betting that will work for you.

2nrzwxc.jpg

Here's the armor I'm working on. I'm sure I'll be fine. I test fitted it to me tonight and it seems like it'll work. Just maybe needs something to secure the codpiece from moving under the belt.