New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,my name is Pascal and I’m from the Netherlands.I am a huge Star Wars fan since I saw my first SW movie back in the 80s.Currently I’m saving money for a Sandtrooper armor,probably a commission or maybe,if I can find one,a good 2nd hand.I hope to join my local Garrison in the future too.I like to read the tons of info on this forum,very helpful!That’s it for now:salute:  

• 3 weeks later...

G’day everyone, I’m Matt and from Queensland Australia. I’m a member of the Redback Garrison with my TIE Fighter Pilot kit and recently picked up a Sandy from a member who was no longer trooping. As luck would have it, it mostly fits well, just the thighs are a bit big for me. So now I’m brain storming how to trim them down without wrecking them as it is a nice kit. I can’t wait to join the MEPD

Hi Matt and welcome to the MEPD. 

As long as the back coverstrips haven't been glued with superglue, it should be fairly easy, even with superglue, it shouldn't be that difficult. Since you are going to reduce the size, you can cut out the back coverstrips, adjust the size and glue on a new coverstrip. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers mate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

My name is Julien fro FanWars Garrison in Belgium. I have been a 501 member since 2014.
ID 69863
I own several suits, TK, SL, TI & MW.

I very often think of one of my first loves, a Santrooper. For now I'm gathering the info so I can hopefully become a real Sandy.

I've always loved this costume, because to me it really epitomizes the shock fighter of the Empire.

Living in Belgium it is sometimes difficult to find the different items without paying a lot of import and customs taxes! So I take some time to reflect.

My English is not very correct, sorry for the mistakes!

Have a nice day :)

Hi Julien, welcome to the sandpit, good to have you here.:salute:

Don't worry about your English, it's great. Many of us here actually come from different countries, English not being our mother tongue.

You will find heaps of valuable info in the different threads here, so take your time to browse the forums and have fun.

The Sandtrooper also wasn't my first costume but I knew from the beginning that I wanted to be a Sandtrooper once. 

Cheers mate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, all.  I'm Dave Stoner, currently a Rebel Legion Jedi, but for a long time have been wanting to join the (dirty!) dark side in the Tampa Bay Squad :)

I bought a (very) used set of HWT armor that fits extremely well and am converting it to SD.

After researching on the forums for some time, here are the conversions:
Removed TK shoulder bridges & working on white strapping 
Removed large ab button plate
Replaced 4-button ab plate with 3-button plate
Replaced TK knee-plate with TD diamond 
Weathered shoulder pauldron and 3 ammo pouches
[hopefully not much else is needed before making it dirty...]

Once I get decent pics, I'll start a build thread here.  However, I still have no helmet.

Anyone know of a good source for a new (or used) stunt TK bucket that I can convert to SD? I wasn't sure if I should ask here or head over to FISD. I'm concerned that a brand new one would be too bright white compared to my way off-white armor.

Thanks for allowing me here.  I hope to be one of you by the end of summer!

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all.

SL-41106 here...  Currently an ROTS Vader in the Ohio Garrison, Arch City Squad.

dylRmuN.jpg

Just got my first TK/TD kit, hoping for an approved Sand Trooper.  It's a WTF kit, as you can see in the picture.  Just nervous about trimming too far... lol.

NjSsLrN.jpg