New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi all;

I'm new to this....but determined to do it right (with your help). I really would eventually aim to reach SWAT. Constructing my own pack and anything else. Thing is I'm in Vancouver BC, and know there's no garrison here yet :-)But I would like to get the outfit basics correct.......Recommendations please! I know I can order this from the UK, but I understand there are companies in North America producing high quality gear. Basically I need to find a good referrance of suppliers to make up a high end suit. Without wasting $$$ along the way.

Any advice is appreciated and welcomed.

I look forward to broadening my horizons and hopefully meeting some of you guys.

On a personal note. I'm a 39 year old guy, married ( Nat) with 1 son (Cameron) Day to day I'm a Projects Manager for a landscape construction company....oh and we have a Boston terrier named Maggie.

Cheers and take care.

Welcome to the sands Houston and everyone else

This is the place to get down and dirty with it, any questions one can have will be answered here. As your doing your armor please lets see pics of your progress.

Move along, move along :td: :td: :td:

Greetings sandys!

My name is Dylan Van Horn and I live in Decatur, IL (about 3 hours south of Chicago). I am currently a member of the Rebel Legion and Nar Shaddaa base with a Jedi outfit and I am looking forward to joining my 501st friends in the Midwest Garrison with a sandtrooper. I currently have my boots from TKboots.com and I am getting ready to order an AM kit hopefully next week, so you can look forward to my WIP thread. This will be my first armor build, and this site has been a huge help already! I have basically been spending my free time reading all of your WIP's and weathering techniques, and I don't even have my kit yet lol.

I look forward to joining your ranks soon!

Dylan Van Horn

May the Force be with You!

Hi all;

I'm new to this....but determined to do it right (with your help). I really would eventually aim to reach SWAT. Constructing my own pack and anything else. Thing is I'm in Vancouver BC, and know there's no garrison here yet :-)But I would like to get the outfit basics correct.......Recommendations please! I know I can order this from the UK, but I understand there are companies in North America producing high quality gear. Basically I need to find a good referrance of suppliers to make up a high end suit. Without wasting $$$ along the way.

Any advice is appreciated and welcomed.

I look forward to broadening my horizons and hopefully meeting some of you guys.

On a personal note. I'm a 39 year old guy, married ( Nat) with 1 son (Cameron) Day to day I'm a Projects Manager for a landscape construction company....oh and we have a Boston terrier named Maggie.

Cheers and take care.

Welcome brother!!!

Hi everyone!

My name's Dee, I'm living in Austria and just got involved some time ago. I'm currently working on my first costume, a scout, so I don't have an ID yet. I'm already quite excited though and can't wait to start trooping with my Garrison. :happy:

Anyway.. since I'm already registered at a few Garrison and Detachment Boards I thought I should drop by, say hello and see what you guys (and girls) are up. Unfortunately, it seems that I forgot a proper introduction.

I really hope to see a few of you next year at the CE2013 in Essen, Germany.

So long (and thanks for all the fish),

Dee

Welcome to the sands Houston and everyone else

This is the place to get down and dirty with it, any questions one can have will be answered here. As your doing your armor please lets see pics of your progress.

Move along, move along :td: :td: :td:

Thanks big man!

Exciting times....mixture of excitement and apprehension over the costume choice.

Any advice? Anyone?

Just want a good quality kit that maybe could make a starter to potentially, SWAT quality (with work!)

Plus......Helmets, pm me if there's any you feel are worth the mention. Just about ordered my pauldron, what ya mean jumping the gun? lol! Pouches next, then weapons.... Does this make sense?

Look forward to your advice. Cheers.

Hi all;

I'm new to this....but determined to do it right (with your help). I really would eventually aim to reach SWAT. Constructing my own pack and anything else. Thing is I'm in Vancouver BC, and know there's no garrison here yet :-)

Welcome Houston. You're actually incorrect. You are in BC which is under the Outer Rim Squad, Badlands Garrison western Canada.

This is your squad leader giving you a direct order to register on your local forum, Badlands.ca :)

http://www.501st.com/members/squadroster.php?squadId=132

http://www.501st.com/members/garrisonroster.php?garrisonId=56

We have over 25 members in BC, with about 15 in Vancouver. Now get back to your post, trooper! :)

Howdy, folks.

I'm here spying - ehem - I mean researching parts for my HWT / future TD. (Sorry i just love being shiny.)

Some of you know me from FISD, some don't... probably better that way.

Looking forward to your assistance!

:D

Hi Ingrid, yeah, I recognise you from the Fisd :)

Welcome to the mepd - even if you are still staying bright and shiny! ;)

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Hope your all well and keeping law and order in your sector......

Im Neil and with the UK Garrison, currently serving as a TK (still waiting for my number) but im nearing becoming a TD too, well, after a bit more tweaking anyway and hope to get cleared soon after. The only thing im looking for to complete is a T21 or DLT19 so any pointers appreciated. Keep up the good work out there and I hope to join your ranks soon.

Neil

(Oh, big thanks to Eric for sorting out my registering problem :thumbsup: )

Hi mate welcome to the department. If you need any help with your TD just ask. Are you going to Men (NEC) this weekend?

Thanks and unfortuantly not going but im going to a John Lewis troop in High Wycombe as a TK on Sunday (bit nearer).

You going yourself?