HIGH RES REFERENCE PICS BACKPACK UPDATED!

RoCKo

hey gang,

UPDATE!

i added some HD pictures, basically nothing new but even better resolutions!

i added some high resolution reference pictures from different sources to the gallery...

most of the pictures are well known, but i photoshoped them to get the best possible results.

i have collected a lot more pictures within my last years of research, but the pictures i added to the gallery are the most revealing ones.

if you have some more detail shots from backpacks feel free to PM me and i will try to do what i can to get the best result with photoshop. at least everything a non-professional like me can do!

maybe these pictures i added will help finding some more parts....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i added two new HIGH RESOLUTION pictures to the backpack gallery!

thanks once again to Brak´sBuddy for giving me his permission to use the pictures from his 70 mm CD.

(link removed - CD no longer available.)

"Hose" guy on left has a different radio, and the guy on the right is not movie accurate because part of his top box is blue

Mike, are you going to all the packs? and make all the parts?

Posted Image

I think that bottle is just missing the top.

Like I've said before, these packs were really_in my modest opinion_just a mash-up of parts from scene to scene. I bet they were falling apart left and right, as evidenced with all the tape, wire and 'loose' construction.

For the most part, I think only two packs have any real consistency, while everything else seems to constantly change shape with random pieces missing or falling of.

By any chance do any of these packs from ANH still exist today?

I wish. If they did, I would've already bought a plane ticket to wherever to photograph them.

Come on time machine!!!

I think that bottle is just missing the top.

Like I've said before, these packs were really_in my modest opinion_just a mash-up of parts from scene to scene. I bet they were falling apart left and right, as evidenced with all the tape, wire and 'loose' construction.

For the most part, I think only two packs have any real consistency, while everything else seems to constantly change shape with random pieces missing or falling of.

second that!

By any chance do any of these packs from ANH still exist today?

They tore them apart & probably trashed most of the bits after production. The main boxes were re-used, or reproduced for the Hoth Rebel backpack. The frame may also be the same type.

The main boxes were re-used, or reproduced for the Hoth Rebel backpack. The frame may also be the same type.

never heard about that! i will try to get some screenshots...

maybe i can add new pictures to the backpack reference section...