Opi Wan´s Move along build

opi wan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sers...

the black vecoder on your helmet is a little bit wrong painted, I mean especially the outlines...look at here--->

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/2007/ANH_HD_stunt03.jpg

...as example look at your helmet again--->

http://s1.directupload.net/images/121118/zswuvsdl.jpg

...then you can see what I mean.

The hovies are inside complete black.

Otherwise good work so far....finally with the correct HDPE-paint ;)

Because of the helmet shape....ok, it's a mfx, not really my taste...but this is only my opinion.

Hey, the Hovis are already black insde.

Do you mean on the vecoder, the second from outside?

On that helmet i cant paint it longer, otherwise I have to paint it longer then it´s shape is.

Greetings Alex

Hey Daniel,

Im not sure what you see, but the hovis are Black the only thing what is white is this bump "I dont know its name" and this is white too in the Original hovie.

The only thing is that the mesh is more tight.

Posted ImagePosted Image

For example my other Helmet. there is the Hovie white from inside.

Posted Image

Huuuu...I take it all back ... it was the mesh which is black .... not the inside. I looked again---->

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8710&st=60

...scroll down a bit. Sry for misunterstanding ;)

Oh, and hey....the mesh that you use is also wrong....it's too tight :P you can see it on the original helmet.

Cheers...

Alex,

Loved the details on the right side crack. Daniel is right about the weathering. The mics are black outside and the inside walls. The very back of the inside circle is white. I think that was decided awhile back on another thread by Juan. Your new pics look great. I would suggest making the right mic crooked though. Check out Juan or my post under SWAT and you will see what I mean. Since you are doing this specific trooper, it has already had a lot of discussion and details worked out. But I think it is clear that those mic details could not be sen on the screen. Only in analyzing the Move Along bucket for auction. Not a required thing, but a cool detail. Keep the great pics coming. Excited to see the base coat weathering too.

Hey Ben, the hovie are already changed and look more like the original now :)

Today I tryed a little weathering on my Helmet, but the Fotos are not good at all. It looks like there is less color on the pictures, some of the borwn color get lost on the picture, dont know why

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Cheers Alex...

I've answered already in the german forum....take your time and a little weathering for the beginning is better than too much ;)

And please...use reference pics to assemble and weathering the helmet. There are few weathering details, that I think you make the weathering "free snout"....