New Deployment Officer

FIVE

We are very excited and proud to announce that Juan "iconoclasta_88" Arvizu is taking over the position of the MEPD deployment officer! This goes hand in hand with regret that Zac "theGreatSot's" recent resignation of his post as such.

Zac has done nothing but an amazing job as DO and we salute him for his time and dedication!

Juan will be taking over immediately with deployments.

In addition to a new DO a new system to expedite deployment will be put in place during the upcoming week (Dec 12th - 18th, 2010) This system will allow command staff to "vote" for someone's deployment. If someone gets 3 "yes votes" they will be subsequently and automatically deployed. The only caveat will be that the Deployment Officer can veto all the votes OR override and deploy someone instantly with no votes from other command staff.

We hope this new system will make things go more smoothly and will significantly cut down the wait time for deployment.

Thanks for your patience during this transition!

Many thanks to Zac for his time and dedication. Please don't think that your efforts go unnoticed! Much appreciation and respect for the work you have done.

Congrats to Juan on his promotion and new responsibilities. I'm sure you will do a great job!

Kudos to the staff as well on the refinements for Mepd deployment. :)

Thanks for the DO time bro Zac, you have done a fantastic job getting all the sandy bro´s deployed so far.

I guess your study, fly between Texas/NYC must take a lot of your time as well.

All the best from here my friend, and a hugs from ya bro up in north Europe :)

And at the same time, a big congrats whit handing our troops bro Juan.

I know you got the skills for the job my friend ;)

Just out of curiousity how many officers total are voting if three "yes" votes are needed for deployment?

We have 8 command staff members... so, for example, if someone posts for deployment and I see the thread and see them fit to be deployed I'll vote "yes"... then one of the other 7 command staff can vote as they see the thread. If by the time I see the thread there are already 2 votes cast by command staff then my vote will be the 3rd and I would change him to deployed. This is all to help in the case that the DO is "out of pocket" for a time, or simply doesn't see a deployment thread quickly. It's a double layered net now... we're bound to "catch" and deploy people more quickly.

many thanks to Zac for all the work you have done. :salute::td:

we can understand that take a lot of time to study all the request and you have certainly another priority in your private life, i wish the best to you.

and all right really Big congrats to Juan!! :duim: it is sure you are the man for this, and the new system is just exellent!!

Thx you all for the kind words!

I would like to Thank Zac for his awesome job as DO all this time.

We will miss you as our Deployment Officer, you did a **** lot for this detachment and for us!!

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

And I also want to thank Noel Rick and the rest of the staff for trusting me with this job.

I will try my best (Zac leaves some big shoes to fill in) to keep everyone expectations, and of course, to help all our "new" troops be deployed...

This place is awesome, and everybody here make it just better!

Thx a lot.

Saludos.

Thanks for the kind words guys, and congratulations to you Juan! I know you'll do a great job as the new DO.

I'm sorry that I had to step down from the position, as I know that I'm going to miss it, but to be honest, I simply couldn't keep our new recruits waiting as long as I have been. To those of you who have sent me messages asking for updates, I'm sorry that I made you wait so long. The truth of the matter is that, as we all know, some times life just gets in the way and our hobbies get left by the way side. I hope to some day return to the forum that I used to call home for so many years, but for now, I just need a break. I'm sure you guys will see me on here from time to time. This will always be a home for me, and I know the door is always open.

Any way, best of wishes to those of you seeking Deployment, and to those of you who still have upgrades to do to your already Deployed suits, get 'em done! I know you guys will continue to raise the bar for the MEPD. Keep this the best Detachment in the Legion, and set the standard for everyone else.

Hooah! Band of Brothers! I'll miss you all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...