Move along backpack parts identification

pandatrooper

Hey guys. I realized that with new people coming to the MEPD wanting to learn more about sandtroopers - they probably have no idea what "burger stackers" or a "mushroom cap" is. It might be helpful to have diagrams identifying parts of each pack, so that everyone knows what the parts are, using consistent names going forward.

I think it would be great to have a diagram like this for every pack. I'm sure we can do this (the members here probably have every pack made, no?)

What do you think?

Posted Image

Lol...I thought I was calling the radio the wrong thing....

Cool idea. I'd like to see ever pack built with it own specific locked thread. Complete with all the screen caps we can come up with relating to the pack and what is used for each piece on the pack. When new info becomes available ( like gordons cistern) we just update and insert the link to where to buy or how to scratch build that specific piece.

No problem. Rick, that's a good idea: have a photo / diagram like the above for each pack, then helpful links and screen grabs / photos for reference.

If someone wants to volunteer to take or post a good "top down" view of each pack, I'd volunteer to label the parts like above (use the same template).

*Tip: For the photo, put the pack on the floor, stand on a chair with the camera pointing down and zoom in on the pack, this will result in a flatter perspective photo.

We coul use the existing archive photos until there are all versions built. The last few I've done, I've used the standard radio and not the different variations (upside down, vac formed etc) but I'm putting together what I call a modular pack. The trays will actually be removable from the frame system. This way I will have all wearable versions. Its takin some time though

Was burger stackers used? I thought just add rings to the cistern will do? :P

Very True! But I think we always refer to that section of the cistern the "burger stackers" (just like the "twinkie"), since the Crashmann / Mike H. ones were made that way. :)

This is cool. Is there a way to add the dimensions? Or a scale to use? It would be nice for those that are planning to make one from scratch. Or, is there a post that gives the proper dimensions for the tool box or the radio. If so, then we can scale from that. I'm just thinking since you have the back pack why reinvent the wheel and try to figure these out.

Hope this makes since..... :blink:

Freaking cool work as all ways Terry.

I like the idea, of making all 5 packs over look like this one here, whit the text on and all ;)

Now i got a new job for you :lol:

If you got time :P

Clean these :unsure::rolleyes::D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is cool. Is there a way to add the dimensions? Or a scale to use? It would be nice for those that are planning to make one from scratch. Or, is there a post that gives the proper dimensions for the tool box or the radio. If so, then we can scale from that. I'm just thinking since you have the back pack why reinvent the wheel and try to figure these out.

Hope this makes since..... :blink:

Hi Bill, there's a great post here that Mike H created. He also has a making of step by step page for his packs (links in post)

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=1728

Hope that helps for now! Maybe I can create something similar. Like image #1 is the one above, Image #2 has dimensions, etc.

The studio scale guys used coloring like this to mark certain parts,i dont know what app they're using to make this but it would be cool to used on these packs identification too,and added the legend below the pictures,adding question marks on un-identified parts(removed if the parts in questioned finally found)

Posted Image