My Zadokk MP40 Pouches

I got my new MP40 Pouches by Zaddok a few days ago.

These are amazing reproduction pouches, very very accurate. I have never seen in person the pouches from the Imperial Outfitters run, but I guess those and Zaddok's are the most screen accurate available in the world.

The quality of the making is excellent, and so is all the hardware and the leather. Soft but strong enough. And the back stitching and loops are just perfect. A great pouch without a doubt.

So... This are the pouches as they arrived. Crispy and shinny. LOL!!

post-1761-028765300 1285086301_thumb.jpg

post-1761-023365400 1285086302_thumb.jpg

First thing was to make them have the correct shape.

All is needed is a bowl of warm water, 3 wood sticks and 1 wooden spoon.

post-1761-097547600 1285086302_thumb.jpg

To do this, I put them in warm water for a couple of minutes. Then I rolled them up and down and twisted left and right. This not only made the leather more flexible, but also took away the new leather look. I also rolled up and down the flaps.

post-1761-064598600 1285086304_thumb.jpg

Just next, I put two wood sticks inside the pouches to "expand" a bit the leather and give it a little of it shape.

After a few minutes, I took the wood out and with a wooden spoon, folded the leather where there should be a folding or corner or wathever. Giving it shape.

Finally, put the wood back inside and let it to dry in a shade for a whole day.

post-1761-040836700 1285086305_thumb.jpg

Shapping is done, and they already look awesome.

post-1761-013259800 1285086306_thumb.jpg

Next step, aging...

To be continued.

Saludos.

I could pre-shape these but someone said that they were too square when I did so I left them rounded. I guess I will include an option in ordering for them to be square or rounded. Glad you are happy with them.

I could pre-shape these but someone said that they were too square when I did so I left them rounded. I guess I will include an option in ordering for them to be square or rounded. Glad you are happy with them.

I am super happy bro!!

I think having an option is good, but I prefer to have my pouches in a "raw" shape and shape them myself. Its just a personal preference. Thats it.

I think mine are too square now cause they have the wood inside. Once they dried up completely I will remove them and possibly use smaller sticks, just to simulate ammo clips, but leaving a bit of space in the pockets...

Thx everybody for your comments!

I will be finishing the other pouches soon and then off to aging and weathering.

Roko, I could do that for sure bro!

But, its just a small stop in Mexico and they are done! ;)

LOL!!

Saludos

• 1 month later...

Thx for all your comments!

:D

After a few weeks of neglecting this thread, I come back with a picture of the pair of vertical loop pouches, already treated with warm water and shaped into their final form.

I am still in the process of weathering and aging, meaning kicking it around the street and covering it with dust and maybe mud and oil.

HEHEHE...

Here they are.

I places some foam inside it instead of the wood sticks. I think they look better this way.

post-1761-093117400 1287675692_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

Saludos