501st: TD 4069

Garrison: German Garrison

EMail: TD4069@aol.com

I'm requesting deployment.

Here are the pictures:

http://img43.imagesh.../dscf4073d.jpg/

and I almost forgot

http://img231.images...3/dscf4093y.jpg

And the journey has started....Couple of things you may have to change for deployment. minor stuff though.

1. the box on top left of pack should be changed out to a solid with electrical tape in an offset cross pattern. Unfortunately the sunburst (as cool as it is) will fall in to the "personal Liberties" category.

2. Ribbing on the barrel of the T-21....cant get a good view but it looks a little off.

3. Pauldron may need to be loosened up a little bit. (actually it might just be the design)

4. Theres a couple other areas you may want to look into upgrading on the pack as well. I dont believe they will keep from deployment but should def be looked into.

5. On your chestplate sides there are what appears to be small cutout squares...they should be filled.

You are off to a GREAT start Joe!!! We all have went through the submission process and sometimes it takes fresh eyes to tweek a little here and there :)

Hmmm...,

I believe I have to go back into my cave and work on some more upgrades Posted ImagePosted Image.

1. Yes, I guess that has to go and needs to be replaced.

2. Will take better pictures.

3. You are right, that is the design. Maybe, I will have to purchase a new one.

4. Will double check on that.

5. These are three buttons for my ROM FX, each button plays a different sound. I may have to weather them as well.

Well, back to work…Posted Image

Hey Joe,

Rick did a great job addressing the things I see right off the bat.

Before I say anything, let me make sure you hear this first... you have done an awesome job! This is a totally killer TD, and I would be proud to troop with you, not to mention have you deployed!

That being said... we do have stick to the standards set up for deployment.

The deployment standard isn't about "uber-screen-accuracy" but it is to know that if Lucasfilm LTD. were to require a sandtrooper to show up for an event and need that trooper to be "accurate" we could call on any of the deployed troopers to show up and be confident they would be able to do just that.

Hence the "no liberties" on the pack and so forth.

So... after saying all that... here's my list — and I will echo things Rick said as well, just know I know he said them. B)

Helmet

Nothing needs to be changed here. The tube stripes look to be a bit "thick" to me, but that's totally okay... they're far from "FX-block-sized." I love the weathering (goes for your whole suit.)

Pack

• Cover holes on sides and top of radio - do it with black electrical tape if you want... just have them "covered."
  • Swap out "sun-burst" box on top left of pack with "plain" lid. "Cross" pattern of electrical tape is acceptable.
  • Remove the "filter" from the left hand side.
  • Remove "wire" wrapping on far left "lab-tube."
  • Swap out (or make a cover for) the "exhaust port" on the top right of the pack so that it has a "smooth/plain" box. (I'd just make a "snap-on" cover for it.)
Everything else is acceptable I think.

Torso - Front/Back Ab, Kidney & Butt Plates and Belt

• Remove (or hide) the "buttons" on the right side of your chest plate.
And, I really hate to say it, but the back-plate is going to need to be swapped out with one that doesn't have the "battle-damage" on it. That is very cool (seriously) but it's excessive to the point of not being deployable. In other words it goes past the battle-damage you have on your bucket.

Again, I would try and just get ahold of a separate back plate for deployment — and to have "on hand" in case you ARE ever called on by Lucasfilm LTD. Then keep this one for your troops when you don't wear a pack.

You can do that with all these suggestions... fix them / have them "on hand" for deployment purposes, but troop with whatever you feel like wearing.

Pauldron

Contact "trooper1" for a pauldron. He makes the BEST ones, and they're like $25!!

Thighs, Greaves & Boots

All good!

Pouches

That top shoulder pouch needs to have the small pouch removed to be good. Or you could leave it and get a canvas pouch from IMA-USA.com Just depends on if you want to "keep" the one as is or not.

Blaster

Honestly I have to leave it to the experts — Rick being one of them — on this. I don't know enough about the T-21. :P

Let me say again you look great, just not hitting the mark in these areas for deployment.

We're here to help too man!

Let us know if you need anything! :salute:

I would like to say "Thank you guys" for your great suggestions, tips and support. And I really mean that. Rick was right when he said, that sometime it takes fresh eyes to see things from a different ankle. And once you tweaked a little here and there, you are already done and done the right way. I will go ahead and knock these things out and provide new photos, once accomplished. Once again, Thanks guys!!! Posted Image

Boss, the $25 pauldron is from shoulderpauldrons.com :)

Oh yeah, my bad. I type yous guyses names so much I get you all confused. :P hahaha

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out Juan.

(that last line was a joke)

LOL!!

I thought I was being ripped off by Trooper1 too.

HEHEHE!!

Joe, I must say something too: Your TD ROCKS!

It looks awesome. Lots of character, lots of personality... a real bad ***!

Great job trooper.

Unfortunately, I must agree with what Rick and Noel said. Even if it is amazing, you took a bit too many personal liberties for your TD to be ready for deployment.

But I am glad to see you are not disappointed. Keep the good work and with this mods, in no time you will have a great TD ready for deployment standards.

One thing I must add, is that I was on the understanding that battle damage was a no-go for deployment. Mainly because we never see TDs sporting any battle damage on screen. There have been troopers denied deployment for this sole reason before. So, I would suggest you to consider removing that battle damage from your bucket too. I know this will affect the look and character of your armor and TD, but I feel we should encourage this as it has been before.

Our goal is to have TDs looking as similar to Screen ones as possible.

If you have any question regarding this, or anything else at all, feel free to post or PM!

We will be very happy to help.

About the pack... same case. It looks awesome, but with a few mods besides what has already been said, you could make it look even more accurate. Here are some suggestions:

On the radio faceplate...

Although it looks very similar in structure and shape, I think it still needs to be worked a bit more to make it more similar. Again, we have asked troopers to change or mod their radio faceplate for details as small as the big radio knob, or the dial. Maybe you could try and mod this faceplate to make it even more like the one seen on screen, including: 1 dial, 1 big knob, 2 small knobs, 2 switches, 1 big speaker.

Cistern Syphon...

Looks very similar for sure, but the main structure is made up of a cover or twinky, two pipes going down (one ending in a sort of funnel, the other ends up on the top of a dome structure that continues down as a wide tube, finally ending with a mushroom cap and a bottle). the main mod I would suggest, is replacing the pipes, and maybe modifying the dome over the "burger stacker".

Finally, the frame...

It is needed that the backpack frame has the correct bend. It should be a 155 angle so that the two seedtrays rest one on each "side" of the bend.

Im sorry to be so specific, but I want to say again, you have done a great job on your armor bro. It is just that we, as a detachment, have the sole reason to exist to go as far as possible to make better and more accurate TD armor.

Again, if I can be of any help, or if you have any question at all, pls feel free to post or PM.

:D

Keep the good work up!!

Saludos

Juan

Jay aka Trooper1 must be getting lots of PMs now. But I agree, his pauldrons are awesome for those who can afford it, you get what you pay for. :D

Anyway Joe, hope you will consider the suggestions pointed out by the guys. Well that's the fun about costuming isn't it? Constantly upgrading. It just get better and better. B)

All the best!

Hey Joe... not to go back on what I've said, but I have to agree with Juan on the helmet... as well as everything else he said.

The battle damage is something that takes it past "appropriate weathering" for deployment as is stated in the CRL.

Under "MEPD REQUIREMENTS," first item,

It must be white (with appropriate weathering.)

Juan is also right in saying that you really are close, just a few mods on your mods and you'll be good-to-go!

We're trying hard to keep our deployment standards firm and fair. We have definitely been raising the bar over the last 12 months, but it's not been in a way that has kept people out, nor has been based on arbitrary decisions the command staff just suddenly come up with during a trooper's request for deployment... it's really been because "YOU" — the troopers — have been raising the bar!

The deployment requests over the past 12 months have gotten increasingly better and better. With guys like rangefinder coming in and deploying right out of the gate with insanely accurate armor.

Truth be told, I have done massive amounts of upgrades and fixes on my TD since I've been deployed... heck, since I've been DL. Right now I'm very proud of having a very accurate looking sandtrooper... but I really doubt that I would've been deployed had I submitted for deployment with my original pack and shoulder pouch now.

All that to say, you're getting there!

AND... we're here for ya/with ya!

• 5 months later...

Yes!

THX Nol!

I will be reviewing all pending deployment requests during these next few days.

Hopefully, will sort out any request that is ready but not done yet in this and next week.

Even if this thread has been idle for some time, I hope you will be coming back soon and ready for deployment.

In the mean time, if you have any question, feel free to post or PM.

Saludos.