New Face of the MEPD

FIVE

All of you know I've been DL now for two months exactly and have made a lot of changes on the forums that you've seen, and have had a LOT of talks in the command forums (which you don't see) about what else we should be doing. Well, today it is with GREAT PRIDE that I announce the following...

Proudly the MEPD is now officially going to be about "SE" troopers ONLY!!! :duim: And yes, that means we will only deploy SE TDs as well!

Realize this decision comes after hours and hours of debate and talking amongst the command staff. It is certainly something that we all wanted, and something that — as you all remember — I was pushing for way back when I was first nominated for DL. We were skeptical at first that others would join in our excitement, but preliminary polls, as well as personal emails to many of you, have showed that there is no doubt this is the right move for the MEPD!

Instantly we're doing a few things... such as the forums are changing again to better fit with the awesome "SE" look and feel. But that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Let me assure you ANH fans, you will still be welcome on the boards... though to get elite status with an ANH suit you will now go through the FISD. And, of course, you will no longer remain deployed. We're going to phase in new standards so as not to cause too much of a stir.

First, the first set of standards changes are minimal, and everyone will have a full month to complete them and re-submit pictures. They are...

• paint the frown black / over the teeth with rounded edges
  • swap out ANH hand plates for ESB / ROTJ
  • change and / or paint your pauldron black (of course people who already have black pauldrons are good to go)
Only those few things for now!

Obviously there will be more later: such as swapping green lenses for the cool gray bubble lenses, upgrading our packs, and not to mention getting rid of all those heavy and annoying BFGs. But we'll start slowly and move from there.

Look at all the great things about this move... for one there are SO MANY reference photos for the SE sandtroopers available!

So... welcome to a new era! One that many of us only dreamed one day would come! Looking forward to your comments and questions...

Posted Image

"One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off." - 1 Kings 20:11

Finally!!!! This is awesome. So much work is really paying off. I'm about to finish my ROTJ mod to become a SE TD. Have to get rid of my TE2 though. I guess eBay will be it's next destination.

Thx Noel for making this possible!

Saludos.

MMMMmmuuhhaaaa good one bro´s.

Happy first april :D

I will start working one mine here too.

Can´t wait to get the bobble eyes in, and paint the mouth black etc :P

The winds of change are upon us.

In order for me to fully embrace the direction that my DL has chosen, I will be offering up ALL the TE molds including the SFS helmets, both regular mold and fiberglass, the foam helmet, and my entire helmet collection.

Viva la difference.

T :salute:

that´s more than overdue, thanks DL!

i secretly build my SE TD the last couple of years.

it´s so great that i can come out now, i was hididng in a subsurface hole.

the light is quite blinding but i can be with human friends again.

gosh, i hate those moles!

Posted Image

Not funny and now I am no longer speaking to you Nol!

Can't believe I fell for this. As soon as I clicked on the link to Wiki, I sat back in my chair and sighed "thank god.......... the bas***d!

Smally.

Finally!!!! its so much easier to find accurate pictures of the "SE" troopers and backpacks....not to mention the kids love the "SE" troopers.....its all they know!!! great too finally get this out in the open :)

The winds of change are upon us.

In order for me to fully embrace the direction that my DL has chosen, I will be offering up ALL the TE molds including the SFS helmets, both regular mold and fiberglass, the foam helmet, and my entire helmet collection.

Viva la difference.

T :salute:

No need. I recasted my suits and am giving away copies for free. Just won the lottery yesterday so figure I can have them bulk made in China for far less cost than in the US - so cheap that shipping is pretty much all I need.

Good to see the Detachment moving in the right direction! Time to throw away my old fashioned ANH TD and go for SE!

Yup. SpecOps is being dissolved too. I'm taking on the TK armor costumes, BSN is taking the rest.

Okay, after hours of working on this thing, I think I may be ready to be RE Delpoyed ..

I studied many, many pictures, sculpted and vacuum formed to the last little detail

so I show you the new TD-6160

Posted Image

Live long and prosper

Well that would depend on what your definition of "grandfathering" is ;)

Grandfathering is when you allow me to do whatever I've been doing. Time to bring back Altman's!

Oh - and FYI we're making some changes on FISD as well:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10616

Troops,

After taking a look at what other detachments are doing, it's clear that FISD is just gotten too big and should be devolved. Effective today I'm making the following fiats:

1) There are no more votes on anything - it's my way or the highway. This is how it used to be back in the day, and we're reviving that practice.

2) Staff - other dets get by with just a DL & XO, so why not FISD? As of today all other staff are terminated.

3) We're moving the forums. phpBB2 was good enough in 2005 and everyone is being tired of being asked to upgrade all the time. Our fans can't tell the difference anyway from more than few feet away, so why bother all the cost and time. I thought of moving to a Yahoo group, but as they are just not made anymore the only way I can get one is from a friend of a friend. He swears it's from the real Yahoo - hey who am I to argue?

4) FISD will just not focus on one costume - the the FrankenTrooper. All the EU stuff is PU skittle stuff anyway so off to SpecOps they go. Fans can't tell the difference between the movie versions anyway, so why bother making any distinctions ourselves? Heck, let's bring the FUN back to costuming!

5) EIB is being dissolved as it's too elitist and takes the fun away from trooping.

6) I've taken it upon myself to recast everyone and you can have copies for free if you come to my house. Heck, none of us "own" this stuff anyway. Just bring beer or some Bailey's and we'll all call it good.

7) I'm also banning Laws, TM, AP, RT, ATA, and TE2 forever because they won't like the above policy and they'll be mean to me. I'm bringing back my true friends - you know who they all are. :)

After that I will do nothing the rest of the year. Heck, if I do nothing, then there is nothing to criticize at all and I'm a shoo-in for re-election! I'm going to make the XO do all the posting and stop answering PM's. Works for other leaders in the Legion and they're still around, so seems a great practice IMNSHO.

I don't know about you, but getting rid of all these "rules" from "the man" and getting back to what the club should be will be great - cheap booze and cheap armor for everyone!

Glad everyone enjoyed this!! :D:duim:

Now that we're on the 2nd page, I will say that yes... we're kidding.

I was going to wait until midnight tonight to say it, but I think we all knew it... and I don't want people REALLY ruining their armor because they think they have to! :blink:

So, my question now is... did anyone catch the hidden message?

Here's a look at what I'm talking about... :salute: