Fx Ab Plate Question

TomG

May be you have a bit different this part. Even if you have Movie FX or FX/GT armor. I will show you why. I needed this part as spare part, when trooping. Then we decided create own mold. More precise but with dimensions from Movie FX armor.

Posted Image

It is hybrid construction. First wood core and then polyester resin cover and finaly wooden parts for details. Because I don´t want make changes to this mold. I´m thinking about conversion set that modify ab plate from this and may be from other FX style armors to TD.

This is why I need these dimensions :)

There will be three parts.

1/ main ab plate

2/ second ab plate with buttons

3/ sniper knee plate.

I´m just working on production blueprints for creating molds.

May be you have a bit different this part. Even if you have Movie FX or FX/GT armor. I will show you why. I needed this part as spare part, when trooping. Then we decided create own mold. More precise but with dimensions from Movie FX armor.

Posted Image

It is hybrid construction. First wood core and then polyester resin cover and finaly wooden parts for details. Because I don´t want make changes to this mold. I´m thinking about conversion set that modify ab plate from this and may be from other FX style armors to TD.

This is why I need these dimensions :)

There will be three parts.

1/ main ab plate

2/ second ab plate with buttons

3/ sniper knee plate.

I´m just working on production blueprints from creating molds.

Wow good luck, Always interested in seeing new armor come down the pipe. I am a few hundred miles away from my armor right now but when I get home in a few days if no one has posted this info I will give you the measurements off of mine.

be easier to take a pic.

had to dig it out and dust it off but here goes.

Thanks. This is FX/GT armor?

If I count correctly, then from your armor

X1 = 6 cm

Y1 = 10,2 cm

X2 = 2,2 cm

Y2 = 9,8 cm

from our armor they are

X1 = 6,2 cm

Y1 = 10,5 cm

X2 = 2 cm

Y2 = 9,5 cm

excuse my ignorance, but i alwys thought the MFX was pretty much the same as GT/FX just by a different maker

I´m not sure if Movie FX is recast or copy of FX/GT. Don´t know witch one was first. I didn´t have these armor together to check it. May be old one, that looks similar, but new MFX looks more than original suit.

I believe that user Tyranus (MEPD)/ Deckard (FISD) has something to do with FX/GT armors.

Second pulls. On photo they are in bottom queue. From left to right. Two replacement parts for Ab armor. They are a bit sharper than first pull. Second two parts are sniper knee plate and auxiliary part to attach it to calf armor.

Posted Image

Here is attached sniper knee plate from my conversion kit to left calf armor. Auxiliary part is riveted and sniper plate glued to this auxiliary part. May be you will notice plastic belt, that is glued in front of calf armor. It is covering rivets, that hold whole part together. This belt has cut off on top to help hold this knee plate.

Posted Image

Posted Image