A fellow garrison mate of mine who has decided to convert his TK to TD picked up a bare bones MG-15 that needed lots of TLC. He asked me to paint it up for him. Since it lacked a tremendous amount of detail and was put together pretty sloppy, I decided to take it much further. A total strip down and rebuild.
here is a list of what I did...
1. Installed new aluminum mounting brackets for all scopes.
2. Added new end cap.
3. Re-positioned the grip/trigger assembly.
4. Installed stainless steel braided coolant line.
5. Removed all mismatched screws holding the various parts together and replaced with rivets and new screws.
6. The ammo drums were plain. Added detail to drums including 25 plus raised strips to each drum (can anyone say TEDIOUS!)
7. Installed webbing across top of ammo drums.
8. New machined aluminum assembly bolt for easy barrel removal and weapon breakdown.
9. New paint and weathering, including some metallic bronze for the scopes.
Here is how it turned out...
12 replies to this topic
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users