Weathering Guidance/Help Feedback Required

Dazauto

Hi guys im about to upgrade my old FX armour with some new more accurate parts, chest back, thighs and shins.

I already have a new lid and have weathered it to match my present armour.

My question is when my new parts arrive do I keep the weathering as per the pics below or do I completely re-weather everything and do it lighter?

I have always liked the personal choice of weathering but im a little concerned that when I troop with other sandies I sometimes look a lot dirtier so dont want to look out of place.

The pics below are recent and taken in December of last year.

Any feedback or help would be most welcome.

IMG_9659-Copy_zps51099c52.jpg

IMG_9659_zps7f873db5.jpg

IMG_9666_zps1d757c87.jpg

IMG_9704_zpse43df36a.jpg

009_zpsb824d04c.jpg

005_zpsce528d22.jpg

020_zps64e1ca72.jpg

008_zpsf3daa4a7.jpg

I know when you take pics the light washes away some of the weathering but you can see from the lid and next to my fellow troopers its dirty and looks like ive been on patrol in the desert for months.

Thanks in advance guys :td:

Hi Daz,

As I always say, if you want to be accurate then stick with screen for reference.

The problems with forums is that a lot of incorrect information gets passed about so much that many read it and think it's gospel.

So while sticking to this rule, let's look at some screen used armour:

post-3212-0-43435400-1422098812_thumb.jp

post-3212-0-19455500-1422098887_thumb.jp

post-3212-0-61473100-1422098958_thumb.jp

post-3212-0-48317800-1422099060_thumb.jp

Just from these few pictures we can see just how dirty the troopers were until camera filters and bright sun light diluted what we see on film.

However, on the flip side, weathering is a personal touch. If you're not fussed about going full on accurate then the world is your oyster!

Personally I'd stick with the nice base coat you've got on there already but slightly reduce the detailing, but that's just my opinion mate and doesn't make it right :)

You look great in those shots though.

When it comes to weathering I believe it is hundred per cent up to you what you like. Personally I like the weathered look and I think your´s is very nice. But in your case it all comes down to how hard the weather is to get off, how much effort you want to put into it, how happy you are with it today or how close you can get the new parts to the old.

Think about these four points and the choice should be easy :yes:

Here is a pic of my FX armor drenched in dirt and paint :thumbsup:

IMG_5108_zps1ce9971e.jpg

• 1 year later...

I think your recess spots and low points look good. The middle spots are also looking good but to give it more the high spots need a lighter look. In your side by side comparison it feels like you have 2 layers of weathering a 3rd brighter whiter on the high spots would really make it pop.