People having issues accessing forum

Fraulein

Over on the MEPD Facebook page in the "posts to page" section, there are two recent posts regarding access to the forums.

Scott Huber - aka BadBatch TD 17105

heads up to the forum managers- your "Forgot Password" function is not sending out emails with new passwords. I am effectively locked out (had some password issues across the board today). All the other detachment forums sent confirmation & new passwords, ours is the only one that appears dead-in-the-water in this department. Hopefully someone can look into the issue or email me. I sent an email to 'dirtyboy' notifying him because he's the only higher up whose contact I have. There is no 'contact us' button if you're not signed in.

And maybe a new user that signed up and has not been approved

Paul Griffith

Question , how long does it take to get approved/reviewed to post on the MEPD site?

Over on the MEPD Facebook page in the "posts to page" section, there are two recent posts regarding access to the forums.

Scott Huber - aka BadBatch TD 17105

And maybe a new user that signed up and has not been approved

Paul Griffith

Thanks, Fraulein!

I managed to get back in (thanks to Apple's Time Machine) but still have the issue of a potentially compromised password here that I cannot update (the original was generated randomly and 'remembered' by my browser, so I can't input the current password to update). And since our "Forgot Password" feature isn't working I'm sort of stuck with this old PW until this gets cleared up.

I have a cadet who is trying to get access. I think I may have talked him into joining us instead of being a regular TK. So if we can get his account approved that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Guest BadBatch

Just a heads-up- this issue is still ongoing with the new forum software.  As is the problem of getting 'verification emails' when you try to register (I was going to register a new account BadBatch2, but got the initial confirmation email and nothing further).

Can somebody PLEASE either fix this issue with the missing password emails, or, barring that, at least send me a link/way to sign in/dig up my stupid encrypted password... SOMETHING?!?

This has been an ongoing issue since at least late April, and I find it hard to believe that we don't have a pile of new recruits all anxiously waiting for their accounts to be activated. Never mind those of us who lost passwords and are now locked out of our accounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Has this issue been resolved yet?  I have a new trooper who is wanting to register and get working on his build here, but can't get registered and logged into the forums.

Any chance someone can contact him over on FISD?  He was going to PM Darth Aloha on FISD but apparently can't do that, either, over there as DA is "unable to receive new messages".

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38244-hello-from-socal/page-2#entry514516

On 4/30/2016 at 6:03 AM, BadBatch said:

Thanks, Fraulein!

I managed to get back in (thanks to Apple's Time Machine) but still have the issue of a potentially compromised password here that I cannot update (the original was generated randomly and 'remembered' by my browser, so I can't input the current password to update). And since our "Forgot Password" feature isn't working I'm sort of stuck with this old PW until this gets cleared up.

Btw, most browsers have a way to display saved passwords (and OSX has the Keychain App)... have you checked to see if you can find out what the password is, and write it down?  Might be annoying to key in, but at least it would get you up and running until you can successfully change it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

anybody have any idea why I'm not able to post in the Sandtrooper patrols section?

I can post to a topic pretty much everywhere else. Its not letting me post to a topic in sandtrooper patrols. Very frustrating. Im trying to update our Jundland wastes rangers thread. No luck :(

19 hours ago, Pilot trooper said:

Hi Guys,

anybody have any idea why I'm not able to post in the Sandtrooper patrols section?

I can post to a topic pretty much everywhere else. Its not letting me post to a topic in sandtrooper patrols. Very frustrating. Im trying to update our Jundland wastes rangers thread. No luck :(

Hey,

I've taken a look at your account and everything should be fine. Could you send a screenshot of the error?

Thanks

Thanks Strider for the quick the reply. 

I just found out this evening that one of my other patrol mates was not able to post on the JWR (jundland wastes rangers) Arizona thread either. It might be a problem with that particular thread being locked somehow. 

We can't reply to a post, quote a post or write a new post within that particular thread.

Like I said, I can post everywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Pilot trooper said:

Thanks Strider for the quick the reply. 

I just found out this evening that one of my other patrol mates was not able to post on the JWR (jundland wastes rangers) Arizona thread either. It might be a problem with that particular thread being locked somehow. 

We can't reply to a post, quote a post or write a new post within that particular thread.

Like I said, I can post everywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

I've had the same issue.  I'm not able to post in our patrol thread either.

Yep, problem confirmed. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to fix it with the tools that are at my disposal. No word so far from our technical support, but I'm working on it...sorry, guys, this is as frustrating for the CS team as it is for you.

Cheers

Here is a repost of a statement made by Command Staff on the FB site back in September...

***Attention: Troopers, Recruits & New Members...

We are aware of the site problems and are trying to remedy the situation as quickly as we can. Until we can get all of these frustrating kinks out, we ask that everyone please be patient. 

All of Command Staff gets notified when we get a new site registrant. There are a lot, Believe us! :)

New members used to be automatically approved. Command Staff now has to manually do it. One by one. Hence the delays. 

So if new members are registering , please be patient and give us a couple of days to get through all the requests! 

On behalf of our Commanding Officer and our fine Command Staff, many thanks and Troop on!

-- "Scribbler" / MEPD Executive Officer

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2016 at 2:25 AM, Strider said:

Yep, problem confirmed. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to fix it with the tools that are at my disposal. No word so far from our technical support, but I'm working on it...sorry, guys, this is as frustrating for the CS team as it is for you.

Cheers

Hi Strider,

Just  checking in to see if there is any new word from technical support on our issues with the sand trooper patrols area. thanks again for looking in to this. 

Jerry

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2016 at 1:34 AM, kman said:

Has this issue been resolved yet?  I have a new trooper who is wanting to register and get working on his build here, but can't get registered and logged into the forums.

Any chance someone can contact him over on FISD?  He was going to PM Darth Aloha on FISD but apparently can't do that, either, over there as DA is "unable to receive new messages".

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38244-hello-from-socal/page-2#entry514516

Hi, I got a note from the same new member.  He's still unable to register.  Is there a way someone can get in touch with him?

• 2 months later...

I have a fellow Garrison memeber that wants to go sandie. He's had an account for a long time but was a lurker. He's receiving this error when trying to sign in. From the code and looking it up on google, I'm seeing a database error. Can we get this escalated up, not sure if it is effecting anyone else. Thank you!

IMG_0769.thumb.PNG.cb9fe3b41b53e6c61dab63c6279309f9.PNG