DW Build modify armour for approval

Dwqld

Hi everybody,

Well last saturday I was in the right place at the right time and was able to purchase from another garrison member Muppet (TD8995) a complete Sandy with back pack and MG-15 that had previously been approved as Police officer deployed.

So now my challenge is to do the required modifications and get it approved for me.

I want to get it approved at Police officer deployed level so any suggestions help is greatly appreciated.

I have a few this that are required straight away

1/ the calf armour has to have velcro removed and the overlaps facing inwards on both.

I have cleaned them off and will fit them and re weather them as soon as I get a body suit.

2/ Put a new shim in the clam shell to extend for my girth.

3/ this is the more tricky one for me I have had to cut the forearm armour as my arms are a little bigger and my Gorilla hands would not go thru the holes.

I have decided to do a cover strip on the outside to complete the change and use velcro on one edge.

I can't see anything in the crl that says specifically where to start the strip from, max widths or if straight or wedge is acceptable.

this is what I thought i should do

IMG_0091_zps0e0841bf.jpg

any help on this would be appreciated

Cheers

I thinkmost of the cover strip "requirement" widths are guide lines based on what was screen used. We are all however, not that same size so use your best judegment. I also think the general rule of thumb is to try to make the front cover strips accurately sized if possible, then make the back cover strips to fit YOU.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me :yes::td:

Thanks everyone

After looking at the size of cover strip needed I decided to go in a different direction and do invisable joins.

I know they are usually just for clone but the size of the strip .... Well I'd just never be happy with, at least this way I have the shims on the inside and it all looks (will) like it should on the outside.

Thanks for the advice I'll post pictures in the next day or 2

Cheers

Hi again,

Well I have been working away on my purchased armour and (formally TD8995)

The whole costume was in really good condition hadn't been worn many times at all and muppet and I are about the same size so there really is very little to do to make this work for me.

here is the list of what I have done:

Shin armour - removed existing velcro from both and made the shin armour overlaps inwards to comply with the current CRL.

Made a new kidney extension using the existing velcro in the front panel and weathered.

made a new crotch strap

put new snaps in Thigh elastic to make them shorter

made the forearm armour larger -

Made a new stinger and faucet cover (ice-cream container) for the back pack

removed radio face and reattached inverted (no #4 pack) Black pauldren.

reattached shot gun shells and touched up paint on backpack.

Rhcalfcleaned_zpse220c244.jpg

I had to do a repair on the right side as that had been inside, a little heat straighten and re weathering

Here is the new kidney extension weathered to match

IMG_0105_zps03be7278.jpg

I decided to cut the forearms and insert an new but joined piece with shims at the rear.

This is because of the size they were going to be 5cm plus if I did cover strips which I would never be happy with (would just look wrong to me) so I cut, inserted, shimmed and then filled the outside sanded and lightly painted before re weathering.

IMG_0100_zps86cc4c48.jpg

IMG_0110_zps0336a649.jpg

IMG_0113_zpsdcd22a7c.jpg

with filler

IMG_0114_zps72f7d40a.jpg

IMG_0120_zps31792474.jpg

Here is my faucet cover (ice cream container) i filler the bottom and sanded to shape painted then added anew stinger

IMG_0096_zpsc8c23309.jpg

IMG_0117_zpsb3b77f11.jpg

IMG_0122_zps54e62131.jpg

Now there just the trail fitting and make a neck seal

I hope to submit my TD armour with pack 4 and MG-15 to garrison for approval next week.

then onto P.O deployment

cheers

Cheers

Hi Vince,

Sorry, what do I need to do with the belt corners? Still finding out all that I have to do.

I am cutting the shins at the back also, I did a trial fitting last night and can't bend the legs much so I will cut the tops as per the crl photo ( am armour)

Anything else anybody thinks of would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers,

Glenn :-)