Field pack questions as I assemble mine:

Hey all, I am starting a TD build and am assembling the pack while waiting for the armor to arrive. While mostly done, I have to connect the tube/dish sub assembly to the pack. The same for the stinger and I also need to get straps. Any help with the questions below is greatly appreciated.

1.) Is there a standard for how far down the tube the radar dish is placed? I've seen different ones where the dish overhangs the end of the tube and just the opposite.

2.) Is attaching the stinger as simple as using the two L-brackets that came with the pack?

3.) I bought a cheap back pack for straps per some comments in another thread. However, I am wondering how to attach the straps to the pack at the top. THe backpack I bought from Wal-mart has the straps sewn right to the backpack at the top. Cut them and then what?

Any idea on how to get the radio face off? A fellow TD here in the Great Lakes Garrison has the same pack as me and his face comes off. I tried an Exacto with no luck and it doesn't seem to just pull off.

Thank you very much!

Hi Robert,

1) Check movie references. Thats the best way.

2) yes it is:-) i would just reinforce the box with attaching an Aluminium band inside the box where the t-track are attached

3) oh, there is no golden way. i cut mine and glue them together again.

For your radio try earth magnets and don't forget the wire around the radio for fixing the plate.

Cheers,

Felix

Felix, thank you very much for the reply. Can you please expand upon the wire around the radio?

My problem right now is even getting the radio plate off.

Thanks!

Hi Robert,

1) Check movie references. Thats the best way.

2) yes it is:-) i would just reinforce the box with attaching an Aluminium band inside the box where the t-track are attached

3) oh, there is no golden way. i cut mine and glue them together again.

For your radio try earth magnets and don't forget the wire around the radio for fixing the plate.

Cheers,

Felix

Hey Bro!

As said by Felix, use references from the movie to check out all the looks, and maybe try with others experiences to find out ingenious ways to achieve those looks.

Having said that:

1. Movie references... no 100% right way. Just make it look the part.

2. Yes... L brackets go direct to the stinger and into the seed tray

3. You can put the top ends of the straps around the top tube of the frame, then punch a zip wire through it and around the strap and tube. Close the zip and thats it. It worked for me. Make sure to fix the strap in the position that best fits your shoulder width, you can use more zip wires for that.

Check my pack out, its not the best angle, but hopefully you can see what I mean.

post-1761-0-56500400-1406136238_thumb.jp

Hope it helps.

Saludos