Trooping with glasses

I have a question for everyone with glasses;

How does trooping with glasses work for you? Do you manage to wear your glasses inside your helmet, or have you got contact lenses, or do you go completely without glasses?

Personally I don't think my big fat head and glasses would fit in a helmet, I really don't fancy the idea of contact lenses and without glasses my sight is rubbish xD

Yeah I've tried it indeed, it was a MRCE Stunt helmet, not exactly accurate. I haven't tried it with any other helmet however (because I have no other one, hehe)
The current frame I have is quite wide, I don't know how well it would fit with a smaller frame. I will however be exchanging the MRCE for an ATA helmet.

I'm wearing day-lenses. One pack of each eye is working out quite long. About a year or even longer.

When I troop with my officer and wear them, the eyes become dry quick and I Need to refill eyetears quite often.

It even can start to hurt a bit and tire me. Not so in the helmet as there seems to be another climate and aircirculation

with the helmet on (I have one fan in the helmet).

The sellar of the lenses (Fielmann) did give me quite a lot of opportunities to test different lenses, for free. I dont like having glasses on, neither

for helmet nor without bucket, especially withouth bucket, unless it would be something really spacey or starwars like, but in the starwars

universe there are no glasses.

Putting the lenses on sometimes is a mess. Needs some practice. I enjoy it very much not having to wear that bycicle that I need since teen.

Thank You, no Problem! For me it's a good compromise.

And they were cheap indeed. I think test and testlenses

were all for free. Well maybe that my normal glasses are

from the same company helped that a bit as long years customer.

It's well worth a try, just maybe ask before about the conditions.

I have ATA and TE helmets and wear glasses...my frames are kind of Buddy Holly style Ray-Bans. The only difficulty is putting the helmet on and taking it off. Just have to tuck the glasses past the bottom edge of the lid. Once the bucket is on, there are no issues though. Done several troops, no problems...I say give it a go with your glasses first and take it from there.

I have a pretty decent sized head, so there's no way to get my helmet on with my glasses on. I popped the lenses out of an old pair and hot glued them onto the inside of my visor where my eyes are. You can't see them from the outside and I can see perfectly. I'm sure some would think this a ridiculous idea, but it works for me and that's what matters to me! :)

• 1 month later...