Beret

dav'ika

<p>We use tan berets here in Garrison Titan at least.  Seemed appropriate.  There use to be a run of beret flashes - I'm sure there are some laying around.</p>

Yep...

A tan beret and a flash is what deployed officers use... Or used to.

Last run on the flas was probably a year ago.

The beret I got it from a military surplus store online.

I still use my beret under my bucket most troops, and of course, use it when I get it off.

Looks cool and other troopers always compliment it.

Saludos.

i dont know what color but the beret patch is only for the deployed and SWAT members.

The rules have changed a little over the years.

Previously under DL Mike Harrison, the beret flash is for Deployed troopers only.

Currently, the beret flash is available to all MEPD Sandtroopers and the rocker patch with the "DEPLOYED" wording is for Deployed Sandtrooper only.

The rules have changed a little over the years.

Previously under DL Mike Harrison, the beret flash is for Deployed troopers only.

Currently, the beret flash is available to all MEPD Sandtroopers and the rocker patch with the "DEPLOYED" wording is for Deployed Sandtrooper only.

Is it????

Man, I guess I need to get updated on some stuff.

;)

Saludos.

I just checked a couple of threads and it seems that the rules have not changed at all...

Beret flashes and rocker patches are still both for deployed and swat officers only.

Please Gordon, if there is soemthing I am missing, let me know since I dont want to be misinformed or misinforming!

:)

Thx a lot.

Saludos.

Juan.

Agree! info, info!!! LOL Shoot, I dont think we even ever decided on a color for deployed. ??? I remember talking about them, but not having a vote on them. Do tell, Do tell, if we did!!! :thumbsup:

Well, I would need to dig up the thread from the ancient ages... cause actually it was agreed that deployed troopers wore Tan berets, and tan shirts, and non-deployed members could wear black shirts, but no agreement was made on berets for non-deployed since there is no non-deployed trooper flash.

If I remember correctly, this was discussed while Seth B was DL, and put to work during Mike H's command first year.

At that moment, Mike had a run of flashed done out of his own money and gave away them to troopers who were deployed during his command.

I even remember when Mike posted the first picture of himself wearing the beret and flash, and someone mentioned "you can't shape a beret"... to what Mile replied "I knew someone would say that". Then, there was a picture posted of both Mike and Seth wearing the berets...

I think it was a picture of this event. Just without buckets:

post-1761-0-65368400-1331579438_thumb.jp

I am a bit (or very) busy ATM, with a big presentation up for the afternoon, so I won't be able to dig up the threads (there are 2 if I remember correctly, one discussion, one project run). I will get this done later or tomorrow... unless someone does it first.

This is me wearing my tan beret and flash:

post-1761-0-52453700-1331579783_thumb.jp

Saludos

Juan.

PS. Yep, all this is from memory. ;)

OK, I'm not as active as I used to be and my memory is more of a sieve than a steel trap as I get older, but I can say for sure that the original policy was deployed only. In fact Mike had thought about giving one out to each new deployed officer as a gift. IOW, my recollection is the same as Juan's.

The thread you'd need to find is the one that changed this.

I believe gordon is right on this. I remember it originally being for deployed officers only back in the MH days and was given out as badge of achievement. If I'm not mistaken that was changed when the updated patch run was done about a year ago.

I like tan for deployed, black for SWAT and white for recruits :)

If I wasn't doing 99% of my stuff from my phone is be able to pull the thread.

I am sorry for insisting so much on the mater, but here is the thread from last flash run and there we can see in the first post that they were meant for deployed only, as well as the rocker patch.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8984&st=0

Then, somewhere around page 3, ix.trooper, who is not deployed, asked for a flash and got it. This mainly because Mike forgot to check if he was deployed... At the time I talked to mike and guess even brought rick and noel via PM to let him know that this beret flashes should only be sold to deployed troopers. He told me he just didnt noticed because of the popular sale.

There was no bad intention at all either by ix.trooper, mike or anyone else. We just let it go... No hard feelings. After all, he was doing this for us all and we were very thankfull.

I cant remember (and couldnt find) any thread over here or on the staff section where this was discussed and accepted for everyone to get one. It may be one, but I couldnt find it.

I have to reasons for being so anal about this...

1. I was here when the first flash was announced and it was a VERY coveted thing to get. Deployment was a new thing (kindof) and we all felt like pioneers achieving this status. So for me,as a trooper, it feels like I am having something very special taken from me.

2. As Deployment Officer, I feel it is oart of my job to make the deployed status something special and to make deployed troopers know they have achieved something special. Having a exclusive patch is part of that magic.

So, no offence intended to anyone, and if it was what everyone wanted at some point I am willing to let it go and make theflash and tan beret available for everyone... But, if there was not such decision made, I will like to keep the tradition of tan berets and flasheds exclusive for deployed troopers, and maybe even add a new flash on black berets for swat officers...

We are here cause we want to be a bit more accurate than the rest. Cause we are willing to invest hard work, time and money on our armor... And being a MEPD deployed Sandtrooper is not your avarage 501st member. So, lets keep this priviledge (if only in our minds) for us.

I know that sporting my tan beret and flash on troops makes me very Proud of my armro and of my detachment... Even if no oneelse knows what it is or what it means... Even if hey cant see it under my bucket.

So, what do you think?

:)

Saludos.

Juan

Ok...

I read the whole 7 pages of that thread and remembered how big diacussion it was, lol!!!

Itwas not about the beret flashes but about the rocker patches and the deployed status. At the end nothing really changed, or everything changed, depending on your point of view.

Beret flashes are still for deployed officers only, so are the tan berets (even if it is not mentioned there). But, other deployed troopers have added the flashes to caps and hats too, its a matter of what you like I guess.

So, unless someone can find a thread or poll where the flashes were open for everybody, I think we should keep them dor deployed officers.

And then a question? Should there be a new beret color and flash for the SWAT Team?

Will anyway try to dig up the old threads about the beret and flash from what, 4or 5 years ago...

Saludos.